No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Adventure trailers

This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Eddieb 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Here’s a build I’ve been working on with a friend of mine. A mono wheeled trailer to tow behind the bike. The video shows the first trial run with it. Since then the hitch and main bean have been reworked to remove all the flex that can be seen in the video. Now I need to paint it, build a loom and fit lights and indicators and get it vin’d.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

The trailer build has been neglected over the past few months due to other things in life taking priority, however today I had the time and the energy to get it out and get a bit more done.

I’ve been cleaning up the welds and a few sharp edges and I hit it with some paint today to keep it clean.

Attachments:

Eddieb
    Keymaster

The quest to find the perfect storage solution to put on a motorcycle is nothing new. Part of the appeal of taking a bike out for an adventure is the fact that you are forced to leave a lot behind and live on the basics, but packing the necessities can still be frustrating. After all, you can’t leave everything behind.

Finding the right combination of comfort, weight, and balance without interfering with the motorcycle’s ride is a bit like a puzzle. And that challenge becomes all the more intricate when you know you’ll be taking off-road routes. SPiN Cargo thinks it has found a way to ease this struggle.

It was only natural for this company to create something like this. Based in Bend, Oregon, taking outdoors adventures is basically second nature (I swear that wasn’t planned) for SpiN Cargo. The proposed solution you see is called the Revolution, and it’s essentially a one-wheeled towable trailer that is intended to be able to hand rougher terrain while also adapting to your varying loads. It hooks right up to your rear wheel, it’s street legal on roads, and can drive right onto the dirt.

Adjustable to Your Liking
    There are quite a few adjustable features on here for such a simple concept. You can set the shock preload, compression, and dampening on the air suspension. Wheel travel can be altered between 2 1/2 inches to up to 7 inches. The pivot angle on the hitch can be changed, the cargo capacity is variable, the wheelbase can be lengthened, and even the height can be changed if you know you’re going to be crawling over lots of rocks and other obstacles.

For bigger vehicles, it can tow 80-plus pounds, but SPiN recommends between 30-60 when it’s hooked to a motorcycle.

Not Just for Bikes
    Though the most obvious use is with a motorcycle, it can also be used with other off-road vehicles like four-wheelers or side-by-sides as well.

Built for the future.
    A smart product purchase is one that you won’t have to upgrade, exchange, or replace in a year—you know, like, the exact opposite of all of your iPhones. The cool thing about the Revolution is that it has a modular tubular design. That means (in addition to all the adjustable pieces) it will be able to change in the future with new pieces or updated capabilities. You won’t have to buy other trailers, you can just switch this one up.

From: http://rideapart.com/articles/spins-road-motorcycle-trailer-eases-expands-cargo-needs

Eddieb
    Keymaster

P.S I want to go to Bend, Oregon. Everything cool for adventure travelling on either 2 or 4 wheels seems to come from there.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Moto trailer

Si tus tres maletas no te son suficientes.Disfruten el fin de semana, en moto obviamente!!!

Posted by V-strom Club Ecuador on Friday, 20 November 2015

Eddieb
    Keymaster

A pic of the trailer setup in the video above.

Mine has been packed away in storage unfortunately due to changes in life plans, it’ll resurface again in time however.

Attachments:

Eddieb
    Keymaster

hmmmmm…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.