No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Motu Ride 18/19th Feb – Overnight

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Brainflex 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

Black Betty has suggested an overnight trip taking in Motu Rd, Takaputahi Rd and Otipi Track. Scott and I up for this as well so if you fancy joining us then say so below. It is a camp out at a basic DOC site with nothing more than a longdrop, fire pits and a river. I will sort out some other side roads as well to add to the fun.

cottlini
    Participant
    • Bike: hp2e

Pencil me in, are you planning on going on the Friday morning if so I’ll book the day off work.

Brainflex
    Participant

Whoops, that should be 18th – 19th.

relaxed rider
    Participant
    • Bike: Honda XR650L

Hi, would realy like to join ….tried to visit the Motu via Otipi Rd. last July with 4×4 but a nasty slip which had partly taken the track down stopped us approx. 4 km before. Could be ok with the bike.
    Very sadly it is this very night where I´m absolute tied at home…
    bugger…Have Fun !

Black Betty
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

@relaxed-rider Since you live close by, you could always just head home after the days riding. It’s really only an overnighter because it is not practical for others to ride there, then the trails, then home again.

ps. if you click the subscribe button at the top of this and the Bay of Plenty thread you will always know whats happening.

relaxed rider
    Participant

Hi, thats true…the Motu Road is just round the corner.
    But I´ve spend already a couple of nights at the Takaputahi campside – and enjoyed it very much each time – I think it makes realy a positive difference to a trip if you do camp somewhere…especially that deep in the bush. Anyway, I´ll have to check and might come for a day trip.
    cheers T.

Brainflex
    Participant

Plans have morphed a little and we are now riding Motu and Otipi Saturday 18th then down to Gisbourne via Whakarau Rd, inland down to Frasertown and up to Lake Waikaremoana to camp the back via the Uraweras on Sunday. Maybe explore some side roads on the way through.

Brainflex
    Participant

Postponed for a week till 25/26th due to weather forecast.

relaxed rider
    Participant

Hi all…after managing to free up this weekend to join the Otipi trip – the head gasket in the old cruiser decided to let bubbles of compression into the cooling system….so in trouble again as the truck needs to run…then time again as further parts needed and ordered… now it´s raining and no parts either – bugger. And next weekend again no time.

Hope that you have a great time, sounds like a cool trip.

@ Brainflex : there is a good trailride coming up on the 26.3. I would realy like to ride the Beta again – are you coming ?

cheers T.

Black Betty
    Participant

Just a reminder to anyone who may be interested. This ride is on this weekend. Three confirmed so far. Scott will be coming down from Auckland on Friday night and pitching a tent on my back lawn (Papamoa). Anyone else is welcome to do the same.
    Camping around Lake Waikaremoana on sat night, so tent etc will be required…unless you organise a cabin at Lake Waikaremoana holiday park (not where we will be, but close).

Brainflex
    Participant

Come on Tim, get the ride report sorted! Lol

@black-betty

Black Betty
    Participant

Here is a little teaser for you @brainflex

Attachments:

Brainflex
    Participant

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! (Slow clap)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.