No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes BMW My new bike BMW G650 X Challenge

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  octopusenvy 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

Sold my BMW Dakar and got a BMW X-Challenge now. Yesterday Muriwai beach. Just nice.

Michael J Breen
    Participant

Much better bike; you may have only gained 3HP but you’ve just lost 30kg. That bike must feel super grunty and will handle way better than the boat anchor you sold. I wasn’t surprised to note that the dry weight of the old Dakar is the same 176kg as Sue’s new Ducati Scrambler! Good move ; you’re gonna enjoy that bike a lot

Hadrian Haine
    Participant
    • Bike: 08 Husaberg FE 450 and a classic 86 Honda XLR250R

Nice choice. The only modern BMW i would concidder. Looks mean.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Looks good. Must be a big difference

xdodox (R.I.P)
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW G650 X-Challenge

Thanks guys.
    Oh yes, it´s a different. All what the Dakar couldn’t really handle it, easy to do for the XC. I like it. Also, the peace of wood, what we call seat. 🙂

Dave Bradshaw
    Participant

Nice….I just sold my dakar too and was after an x challenge but couldn’t find a local one so went for the drz400…first ride yesterday…loving the loss of weight….be great to see what you think of your bike as the x challenge may still be the next installment….

Steve Archibald
    Participant

So the next move is to ditch the airbag

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Riding an X for 3yrs now, and have to say the ‘airbag’ isnt too bad. Firstly its reliable. Not one story of one flogging out in the middle of nowhere. Secondly, a new Ohlins costs heaps, around 1100-1400nzd. So really u only need to check pressure here and there and give it a pump or two.

Truthfully the suspension in the front is terrible, and to make the bike sing u need totally new (marzocchi shiver) forks and an ohlins rear. But thats 2000 easy…

So just enjoy it and learn to ride the front springboards, and the rear airbag. Even stock its a brilliant bike design.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.