fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Honda Honda Africa Twin CRF1000

This topic contains 38 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Charl Potgieter 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

granteuk
    Participant

Honda Hamilton have a CRF1000L Africa Twin DEMO BIKE available for test ride NOW.

and Honda are saying there is a CRF650 Africa Twin in the pipeline as well

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Clint Eastwood vrs Africa Twins

Spud
    Participant

plenty of pages of complaints about theses bikes surfacing in the UK, have a quick look at the ABR forum

cheers Spud

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@markh came to the Farewell Summer/Fuck the Black dog overnighter on his Africa Twin DCT and one thing he mentioned is that if the battery goes flat you can’t crash start the CRF1000 as it can’t be put in gear without power.

You also can’t jumpstart it easily as it’s very difficult to get to the battery terminals.

MarkH
    Participant

Just like an automatic car, no crash starting.

But jump starting of a small Li-Ion jump starter is pretty easy if you can connect it to the battery. Due to the difficult position of the battery, I’m looking at wiring in a couple of remote battery terminals so that jump starting will be very easy. Once I make it super easy I reckon I’ll never need to jump start the bike, that’s always the way things go!

Michael Eastwood
    Participant

Hi @markh, did you get the remote terminals fitted? where did you put them?

MarkH
    Participant

<cite>@Michael Eastwood said:</cite>
    Hi @markh, did you get the remote terminals fitted? where did you put them?

I haven’t had a chance to sort those yet (I have some remote posts sitting in my Shipito address in Ca) but however I do it, I’ll be using the toolbox that sits over the battery. That toolbox is pretty useless and I have a much better 4 litre locking toolbox attached to my pannier rack.

I have just finished installing my Tutoro automatic chain oiler because I really hate messing around with chains but topping up an oil reservoir is something that I can do easily enough.

Charl Potgieter
    Participant

My AT will be arriving mid Jan’19 from SA and I’m itching to get on her and start exploring!!

First trip will the scenic route to Hamilton end of Jan’19 for the 7’s. Will post in the routes section which route I’m going to take but I’m open to suggestions.

Attached is a picture of my Desert Queen which I won in the 2017 Honda Quest True Adventure that was held in Northern Namibia. Info at https://quest-trueadventure.com/quest-2017/

Cheers!!

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.