fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes KTM New and need KTM 990 Adventure help please.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jody Goodlad
    Participant

Hi, My name is Jody, I am just getting into adventure riding, I have just picked up a 2007 KTM 990 Adventure and I’m 6’5 and would like to make the bike taller. Can I do this with the stock shock or do I need to upgrade. I am also looking at an aftermarket seat but want to do as much with the stock bike first (if possible). Any help would be greatley appreciated, thanks in advance.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hi Jody

Both the 950 and 990 came out in an ‘S’ model variation that had longer legs and I believe a taller seat. The amount of extra height varied and was tallest at the beginning of the 950 and end of the 990 production runs. Neither are common in NZ and I don’t know if the taller suspension was due to internal setup or different units.

I had the rear shock on my 950 rebuilt due to a seized dampening adjuster, the tech mentioned there was some possible adjustment in the stock shock setup but I have no idea how much of a difference it would make.

Jody Goodlad
    Participant

Thanks for the info and the reply, it’s really appreciated.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@Jody_Goodlad said:
    Thanks for the info and the reply, it’s really appreciated.

@bryceecyrb might be able to tell you more, he is K-Tech suspension in Wellington.

john moffat
    Participant

Hi Jody,

I too have just purchased an 07 990, and am 6’5″. I am in the process of getting xlarge pegs (Size US15 feet) and bar risers.
    How did you get on with the seat height?

John

Jody Goodlad
    Participant

Hi John,

I actually took my seat to a local trimmers and they made me a seat that was a bit taller and more comfortable, initially I found the bike a bit on the low side but the seat fixed that, I no longer have the 990 and have managed to get hold of a KTM 950 Super Enduro and there is certainly no seat height problems there, good luck with your new toy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.