Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

New look for Adventure Riding NZ, hopefully solve some issues

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff New look for Adventure Riding NZ, hopefully solve some issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

As you can see we’ve put in place a new look for the Adventure Riding NZ website. This is to try and address some issues people have been having with some of the website features, particularly registering and logging in, and messaging.

When investigating these issues we found some problems in the software that the previous theme was built in where things had been done in non standard ways. While we can’t definatively say they are the cause of the issues the only way to find out was to install a new theme.

There may be a few odd things around the site as we get the new theme all sorted and properly customised where required, changing a theme is not a simple as turning one theme off and another on.

If you find something unusual please let us know by posting below.

At the moment I do have a to-do list:
    Logged in Users sidebar with Member assistance search

Social Network logins not yet working
    Move top menu below header image
    Add search function
    Get messaging working again
    Support our sponsors areas
    Copyright etc notices in footer
    Forums layout updates
    Reduce the gap between the main content area and sidebar

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Right, I think I have the basics working and Social media logins using Facebook and Google are now working again and I can add more social networks like Linkedin, Twitter etc if there is demand for them.

I’d still like to make the font size a bit bigger for the forums.
    Still need to customise the register and Lost Password pages.

And once everything is done I have 7 or 8 new tracks in my inbox that need loading up.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.