fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

New Safari Tank for Husqvarna 701

Home Forums Bikes Husqvarna New Safari Tank for Husqvarna 701

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Safari have announced a new long distance tank for the Husqvarna 701 of approximately 17 litres, which takes the total fuel capacity up to ~30 litres including the factory underseat tank.

The tank is priced at $1,086.00 Australian including GST and can be ordered now with deliveries starting late May 2018.

Adventure Moto
    Participant
    • Bike: Husqvarna 701 E

Huge tank and huge capacity, but O so ugly.

Went with the Rade garage underseat tank as I did not need cross the desert range
    This has an extra 5.5 litres which should bump the total range upto 320-350kms
    Also hate the way that those big tanks make the bike handle. Safari tank on my TE630 was awful ( not to mention that it leaked all the time ).

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@mxnut said:
    Huge tank and huge capacity, but O so ugly.

Went with the Rade garage underseat tank as I did not need cross the desert range
    This has an extra 5.5 litres which should bump the total range upto 320-350kms
    Also hate the way that those big tanks make the bike handle. Safari tank on my TE630 was awful ( not to mention that it leaked all the time ).

IMS have now also released aux tanks for the 701.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.