fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

New Zealand's own Tiger 800 Mini Meet.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports New Zealand's own Tiger 800 Mini Meet.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gr82briding
    Participant

Second Annual NZ Tiger 800 Mini Meet

Greetings to all Tiger 800 owners.

Labour Weekend is fast approaching which means it’s time for me to pull my finger out and let you know the details for this year’s Mini Meet.

This year’s route starts and finishes at Picton on Thursday the 24th of Oct through to Labour Day Monday (27th). The route takes in as much gravel as practical including the Rainbow and Molesworth roads and heads as far South as Christchurch.

Accommodation will be on a share twin basis at moderately priced motels.

Here is the break down of the route;

Thur 23rd AM Picton to Nelson via Queen Charlotte Dr, French Pass. 4:30hrs travel time, 225km distance traveled.
    PM Nelson to St Arnaud via Brightwater, Wairoa Gorge, Wakefield, Pigeon Valley, Dovedale, Tadmor Valley, Slippery Creek, Kaka, Glenhope, Buller River. 3:20hrs travel time, 183km distance traveled.

Fri 24th AM St Arnaud to Hanmer Springs via the St James Range/Rainbow Rd. 3:30hrs travel time, 122km distance traveled.
    PM Hanmer Springs to Moana (Lake Brunner) via The Lewis Pass, Reefton, Totara Flat, Nelson Creek. 5hrs travel time, 222km distance traveled.

Sat 25th AM Moana to Arthurs Pass via Greymouth. 2:20hrs travel time, 146km distance Traveled.
    PM Arthurs Pass to Christchurch via Cass, Lake Lyndon, Lake Coleridge 4hrs travel time, 180km distance traveled.

Sun 26th AM Christchurch to Hanmer Springs via Rangiora, Broomfield, Horsey Down, Hurinui, Culverden. 3hrs travel time, 161km distance traveled.
    PM Hanmer Springs to Blenhiem Via Jollies Pass, the Molesworth, Taylor Pass. 4hrs travel time. 197km distance traveled.

Mon 27th Blenheim to Picton via Port Underwood. 1:30hrs travel time. 65km distance traveled. Then to our various homes.

As you can see the average distance per day is around 350km and approximately 8hrs riding.

The Mini Meet is open to anyone as long as you ride a Tiger 800!

I have 6 XC owners confirmed including myself and a couple of maybes.

If you are keen reply to this post with your interest and if you have already confirmed with me then please post here as well or here http://www.tiger800.co.uk/index.php/topic,12854.0.html
    You can RSVP here on our event listing: https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/events/142/second-annual-nz-tiger-800-mini-meet/

As more information comes to had I will post it here as well as well on the Tiger 800 forum.

I can be contacted by email at [email protected]

it’s Gr82briding!

rebOUnd
    Participant

Count me in!
    This is a weekend of riding not to be missed if it is as good as last years Mini Meet!
    Cheers Ven

Gr82briding
    Participant

It’s going to be even better Ven! See you there.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Hey Gr82briding

If you create an event in the event calendar people can RSVP to the event and you can see who and how many are going.

https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/rides-events/submit-an-event/

Eddie

Gr82briding
    Participant

Thanks Eddie. Done.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Edited your post above to add a link to the event listing. 🙂

Gr82briding
    Participant

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.