Norton Scrambler

Forums Forums Bikes Norton Norton Scrambler

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Eddieb 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Norton has announced they have a new range of 650cc parallel twin cylinder models in planning, the first of which will be a scrambler style ‘urban tracker’. There will be 2 style variations, 1 road focused and 1 with a much more adventure focus.

Word has it there will be 3 engine variations ranging from a 70hp entry model, a 100hp version and a 175bhp supercharged version! all of which have the traditional 270c firing order of the classic Commando motor.

Norton already have a 1200cc V4 and have said that the 650 twin is literally half of the existing V4.

Norton head of Design says: “One of the stipulations for the design,” says Garner, “is that if I’m out greenlining or in a gravel pit mucking about and I drop it, I want to be easily able to pick it back up on my own and carry on with my ride. It has to be durable. It’ll all be honest, with items like the bash guard being able to do the job, rather than just being there for show. The bike should last a long time, because it’ll be made with proper components.

It need to be a proper Scrambler, not something that just looks the part. It needs to be capable, and it should be a proper giggle.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.