No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports NZ Motorcycle Show 13-14 Aug 2016

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Gremlin 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Scroll through to Post 16 onwards for show pics and reports

The Ride Forever Motorcycle Show.
    The show now covers all bikes … Modern, Classic and Custom, both on and off road. The show started life as a Classic bike event for its first two years. In 2015 it expanded to include Custom bikes and now in 2016 we’ve become all inclusive and feature Modern bikes as well.

We also welcome the bike section of the NZ Motor Industry Association to the show and at last count had stands from 15 individual modern marques represented .

The show is at the ASB Showgrounds, 217 Greenlane Road West, Epsom, Auckland on the weekend of 13th and 14th August 2016.

For more information and tickets see: https://nzmotorcycleshow.co.nz/

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I’ve entered for a club stand at the event, if that comes through I’ll be seeking bikes to display there.

Eddie

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

What bites are you looking for?

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Got the GSA if you want, but pretty sure it will be on road tyres if that makes a difference…

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I have no idea how long it would take to hear anything but a GSA would be ideal.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Adventure Riding NZ has been granted a stand at the NZ Motorcycle show on 13-14th August so we’ll be looking for half a dozen volunteer bikes to display on the stand covering a range of sizes and values from a BMW 1200GS, a modern mid weight enduro and at least one small bore/cheap machine.
    It would also be fantastic if we could get some volunteers to help man the stand and answer any general Adventure Riding questions visitors may have.

I’m also intending on having at least one screen playing some adventure riding videos.

The stands are 4mx6m. I don’t know where in the show our stand will be yet and a design will have to be made up. I’ll get some banners/flags printed.

Build-up/Breakdown of Stands
    Stand build up is on Friday 12th August from 9am – 9pm.
    Stand breakdown is Sun 14th 5pm-10pm and Mon 15th 9am to 3pm, though I’d prefer for it to be all done on Sunday evening.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Stand sizes are 4mx6m so I’ve been playing with some layout ideas. I don’t know yet where in the display hall our stand will be or it’s orientation to the rest of the hall so that will dictate the final layout. I think we’ll only have room for 4 bikes though.

Attached is a spreadsheet I’ve been using to play around with layout ideas should anyone want to have a try themselves.

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Having the bikes around the whole perimeter could effectively close the stand off?

Perhaps more like 3 (around the rear perimeter) and a table?

Angled would seem nice, but eat a pile of space… You could have them all angle parked at the back of the stand, but then not quite as interesting, although it would show the difference if you ordered them from small to big…

Also, would you want the bikes clean, dirty, or don’t care?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

We still don’t know whether the stand is going to be center floor or against a wall. If it’s in the center maybe 4 bikes facing out from each other in a star would work better, who knows. We were supposed to hear about that last week.

Clean or dirty, doesn’t matter. Mine won’t be clean.

Scott Livingston
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 DR650

Happy to help man the stand from midday and pack up after 5pm on Sunday afternoon if needed?
    Just let me know closer to the start of the event.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Thanks Scott, I’d like to take you up on that.

Our stand location has been confirmed, so I know now our stands orientation in relation to other stands around us and I’ve updated the stand layout spreadsheet to suit as attached.

This layout is just a suggestion, any ideas are welcomed.

Attachments:
    1. Show-layout-1.xlsx

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Does anyone have a KTM they’d be willing to display for the weekend on the stand. It would be nice to have a good mix of brands so a BMW, a KTM, my DR etc on the stand.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Does anyone on here in Auckland or hamilton have access to discounted/staff prices on fake grass?

I’m thinking if we can get some cheap I might put it down for the stand to possibly give the illusion of the bikes being in the wild. We’d need 4m x 6m.

If anyone has any camo netting they would let us borrow fore teh weekend of the event that would be awesome too.

Also there’s a prize for the best themed club stand apparently.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

We’re mostly set up. Make sure you stop in and see us!

ntst8
    Participant
    • Bike: XT660Z Tenere

Well done on the stand, it looked to be quite a success.
    I passed a couple of times but you were pretty busy each time so i didn’t butt in.
    Was manning the Norton Club stand Saturday p.m.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.