No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Where to ride NEW ZEALAND T2B ROUTE (TOP 2 BOTTOM)

This topic contains 53 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  OldBeer 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

OldBeer
    Participant
    • Bike: DL650, DRZ250, DRZ400S,

It can of course, as you are riding up and riding back.

The reason is doesn’t is that we wanted to create something that could be done by Joe Average, on his own, on a rental bike as well as something for all of us. For the same reason, we have left out a section of beach south of Whanganui – you can do it if you want but you don’t have to. You take a risk doing 90MB on your own, if something goes wrong its a long walk to the nearest phone.

It would be great to use this page to show what else can be done while you are in the area, as you pass.

Feel free to add your suggestions!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Fair enough.

I posted it on the Facebook group this evening. Like @oldbeer I’ve been trying to reduce my Facebook exposure.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AdventureRidinginNZ/permalink/10156372002506189/

OldBeer
    Participant

Thanks Eddie.

glitch_oz
    Participant

<cite>@oldbeer said:</cite>
    It would be great to use this page to show what else can be done while you are in the area, as you pass.
    Feel free to add your suggestions!

Cape Reinga Peninsula in maps + pics ok? Beaches, camp-spots, exits + entries etc.

OldBeer
    Participant

Thanks @glitch_oz!!

OldBeer
    Participant

I see its nearly a year since we have posted anything here. I’m hoping to have some time this year to put into a few loop ride suggestions in the northern part of the route.

Would be nice to know if anyone that has downloaded this has used it and has any feedback/comments.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@oldbeer said:
    I see its nearly a year since we have posted anything here. I’m hoping to have some time this year to put into a few loop ride suggestions in the northern part of the route.

Would be nice to know if anyone that has downloaded this has used it and has any feedback/comments.

Lots of people are downloading it, 8 so far this month alone.

I was wondering how the South Island section is going?

OldBeer
    Participant

I tried to send a message but don’t know whether its gone or not.
    Not at all is the answer but there may be some progress soon.

OldBeer
    Participant

I said that I would like to add loops around some of the more likely stopping points on the T2B route for those with a little more time to explore. Here’s a little example. Sandhills Road is a mostly gravel road, which as you can see runs in some long straight sections between Awanui and Ahipara. Normally that would not be especially enticing but the road follows the contour of the duns, there is very little vertical flattening of the grade. The result is a full scale motorcycle roller coaster which is a lot of fun to ride and has some nice views east and west.

In Ahipara there is a very good motor camp, if you are camping. It has some seriously impressive facilities and lots of space for tents. Ahipara is also very proud of its local chippie, right at the beginning of the main street.

So if you find yourself in Kaitaia with an hour or so to spare, duck out to Sandhills Road and get some shark and tatties from Ahipara. A nice way to end the day.

Happy Riding

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.