September 29, 2013 at 2:56 pm #1023Box.a.BitsParticipant
Rank: 1200cc Rider
- Town/City: Wellington
- Bike: BMW R80 G/S, R100GS & M72 Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200
Daylight savings is all very well, but trying to kick start two reluctant heroines into getting ready within a reasonable time was the challenge of the day. One had been out partying; the other just doesn’t do mornings. I’ll allow you to guess which one is which.
The ride was due to start at Johnsonville Community Centre. Given we were the closest to the destination, obviously we were going to be the last to arrive. There was a small delay for deferred bike maintenance, then a magical mystery tour of J’ville backroads.
After obligatory coffees (or mochachinos, hot chocolates or whatever) –
* I had the crispy bacon, & potato & herb hash brown stack, with Portobello mushrooms & haloumi & hollandaise sauce;
* Katherine the Eggs Montréal, with salmon, &
* Mandy had the safe option of poached eggs on sourdough bread.
* Bryce & Marion-Louise had the big breakfast free range eggs, smoked bacon, chorizo sausage, slow roast tomato , mushrooms, & hash brown with sourdough;
* Steve had poached eggs & also poached from Marion-Louise’s plate.
After brunch we took a tour to Makara, had a chat on the beach, and then rode to Karori. I took a couple of photos part way up the big hill, & along toddled Michael Dodson on his Bopper, on his way to the ‘Distinguished Gentlemens’ ride.
Sorry I didn’t end up taking photos guys. That was why I originally stopped on the Karori Hill, but I got distracted. I got one blurry short of Mandy, & an okay shot of Michael.
For what was supposed to be a rainy day, it was a surprising nice (sunny) day.
The continuing gearbox rebuild is on the agenda for this arvo. I find I do not have the enthusiasm for work today.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.