fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Otago – Southland Rides

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  glitch_oz 1 year ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Going for a ride in the bottom of the mainland? Post your plans here so other local riders can join in.

To get a notification every time someone posts in this thread press the subscribe button at the top of the first post on the page.

jex_the_bug
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been riding in the Otago by myself for a bit but if anyone in the area is planning on a ride please let me know as i would be keen to tag along.

I ride a beaten up old Africa Twin and have ridden a few of the track around here but would feel better if i was with other people just incase things go wrong.

Thanks.

chekamus
    Participant

Hi
    Im not far away from you, im in southland,I should be getting my bike either this week or next, i would be keen to go out riding with
    someone else, dont mind going on my own but nice to have some one out with you sometimes hey,
    let me know if u fancy meeting somewhere for a ride.

Martin Worswick
    Participant

Thinking riding from queenstown to Thompsons gorge rd,side trip up mt apiti,after Thompsons gorge heading down to Clyde and over the Hawks burn this weekend if anyone wants to come along

Eddieb
    Keymaster

How did your ride go Martin?

Wanakahunter
    Participant

Anyone else around the wanaka region keen for some rides. pretty new to it so will need to be a bit patient.

have ridden bikes my whole life but havnt really done much proper adventuring.

cheers,

Nick

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Hey @wanakahunter, I’ve merged your thread into this Otago Riders thread, there are quite a few members down your way I think but they are a pretty quiet bunch.

Click the subscribe button at the top of the first post to get notified whenever anyone posts in here,and if you are heading out for as ride post in here first and see who replies.

You are spoilt for riding down that way, check out our South Island tracks https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/south-island-tracks/ and Every Unsealed road in NZ https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/gps-tracks-rides/map-of-all-unsealed-roads-in-new-zealand/ maps.

David Howard
    Participant

Hi,
    I though I left a reply a few days go but can’t see it. I’m in Wanaka and ride a KTM Adventure 1190 R. Keen to explore the region further. I did the Wanaka Trail Ride last week which was great (intermediate lop only). Still getting use to a big bike off road and keen to keep building off road skills. I’m getting a set of off road tyres for a bit more serious exploring. Been riding for 20 years.
    Cheers,
    Dave

David Howard
    Participant

Nice loop! Keep me posted if you are doing another ride in May. I was through Thompson George two weeks ago and there was only one 50m wet rutted section that I had to be careful on with mainly road orientated tires. I have some nobblies on the way for my KTM Adventure 1190 R.
    Cheers,
    Dave, Wanaka

glitch_oz
    Participant

<cite>@[email protected] said:</cite>
    I was through Thompson George two weeks ago and there was only one 50m wet rutted section that I had to be careful on with mainly road orientated tires.

Hi

There might be some usable ideas, routes + maps in this part of the Trans_NZ_South Island route:
    http://www.austouring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6427

Love the Thompson Gorge, it’s some speccy country down there.
    Add some local Pinot Noir to round out the mix 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.