August 13, 2017 at 3:47 pm #19114
Rank: 1200cc Rider
- Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV
This section is intended to provide members with a means to assist in getting things from A to B. It’s not exactly a new concept,
If you have a part that needs transporting:
- Prefix your post with WANTED:
- Include what parts need transporting in your title
- Include where you parts needs to go from and to in the title
If you are offering transport:
- Prefix your post with OFFERED:
- Include where you are going from and to in the title
- Include the date(s) you are traveling in the title.
- In your post specify what if anything you’re wanting in return (cash, beer etc).
This section is provided only as a medium for members to connect with each other to freight goods, and AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz does not take any responsibility for lost or damaged goods, nor will we act as a dispute resolution avenue for services solicited through the use of this forum.
Team ADVNZMay 25, 2018 at 2:36 pm #26850
Rank: 50cc Rider
I’m looking at buying a dr650 in Franklin Auckland. And wondering if anyone on here knows anyone trustworthy enough to get it to Nelson. I used motorcycle movers in the past. They do fantastic job but $490 to get it to Nelson is too much. So if anyone knows anyone that would be great. VerranMay 25, 2018 at 10:09 pm #26855
Rank: 1200cc Rider
- Bike: R1200GS, DL650, DRZ250, DRZ400S,
Sounds like a pretty good price to me. I just rode a bike to the SI and brought another back and it cost me well over 4 times that.
Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but if you dont want to pay to have it shipped then cheapest way is to go there yourself on a bus (slow but cheap) and ride it back. That way you get to look at it before you hand over the dosh. Even then if you add a ferry crossing north, bus to Auckland/Pukekohe, gas, food, accommodation and ferry crossing for you and the bike south….it wont be cheaper. All of this assumes your time is not worth anything.
And by the way its cold and very wet up here atm.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.