No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Phone based digital motorcycle dash

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

With all of the built in phone features now an app on your phone can provide so much more information that the standard speedo on your bike.

In New Zealand I don’t believe you can legally replace your factory speedo with a GPS based speedo but apps available now can provide a lot more information.

Here’s one I just discovered that provides a huge amount of information. I know @Matt-Kerr has considered an android based dash solution for his project bike.

Ulysse Speedometer.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.binarytoys.speedometer&hl=en

Ulysse Speedometer is a free app but has ads displaying at the bottom of the screen, for $2 however you can buy an ad free Pro version that also offers a few extra features.

The primary function of Ulysse Speedometer is as a fully featured digital dash system with a whole host of extra features that you usually find in a dedicated GPS. There’s too much to list so check out the video below.

Ulysse Speedometer doesn’t have a built in GPS function but with it’s customisable menu system you can open Google Maps or your choice of mapping app from within the Ulysse Speedometer app and use that for navigation with the Ulysse Speedometer data overlaid over the top of your mapping app. Due to the menu design you could possibly use it with gloves on too.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@aaron_wong might be interested in this also.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.