No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Plug in Tuning chips for Injected bikes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MXNUT 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Most people interested in vehicle performance will have seen adverts for plug and play tuning chips online and in magazines. Some of the sellers were very dodgy and some legit.

It turns out tuning chips are also available for fuel injected bikes under the brand Booster Plug, and are being sold via advdesigns.com, a respected online retailer.

Usually the chips trick the vehicles airflow meter into thinking the incoming air is colder than what it really is, which makes causes more fuel to be injected, this technique is exactly what the Booster Plug units do and this can be particularly useful where a stock bike is factory tuned to run lean to pass international emissions regulations.

ADVdesigns list units for Aprilia, BMW, Ducati, Husqvarna, Honda, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Triumph, and Yamaha and are priced at $160US.

Rob Defire Brassfield
    Participant

I use one on my XChallenge. Works ok but keep in mind its a blunt tool.

MXNUT
    Participant
    • Bike: Husqvarna 701 E

I used a JD Jetting unit on my Husky Te630 and it totally transformed the bike. It was only $165.00 from the US. Had a + & – button on it and 6 different engine load ranges so that you could lean out or richen it up in different parts of the engine range. It actually made the bike go like I always thought it should for a 600cc engine, until the gearbox went bang that is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.