No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Queens Birthday Weekend 2016 – where are you riding?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  streethassles 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I’ll be in Te Teko near Whakatane and am hoping to ride Porters Road over the break.

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Mtb’ing… down Rotorua way.

Brent Finlay
    Participant

National Park for two Days – 42 -Fishers -forgotton Highway & a few other back roads .
    Weather looks Good but still could be pretty Cool Temp .

ntst8
    Participant
    • Bike: XT660Z Tenere

Tairua to 309 road, Kennedy Bay, Stoney Bay, Fletcher Bay and back to start point.
    Very nice, not much opposing traffic.

Black Betty
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

I was riding around Hamilton rd among others on Saturday…pretty fresh in the bush.

Eddie – Did you ride Porters Rd? if so how was it?

I was looking at Wairoa Rd whilst on Hamilton rd wondering how ridable it was…but was on my own. Wairoa Rd looks like a goddie on google earth if you could ride the full length of it.

If your still about, I could shoot over Monday morn for a ride around that Rotoma area.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I didn’t get to Porters road but did Hamilton and the full length of Pikowai Road and lots of others in the area.

Wairoa and Porters are still on the to do list so are an excuse to come back again, hopefully soon.

Aaron Robertson
    Participant
    • Bike: R1150 GSA

i am thinking of going down towards otorahanga and then south east to waipa valley and hopefully on a bush track loop out that way.hopefully leaving te awamutu around 10 when it warms up a little more.

Aaron Robertson
    Participant
    • Bike: R1150 GSA

i am heading down to oto then over towards otewa then down the line on back roads to rangitoto and ove to waipa valley

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I hit Pikowai Road over the weekend which has some knarly stuff. I added some video to the Pikowai Road page.

Pikowai Road

Hans Claus
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R1150GS

Hi ntst8. You mention riding in the Coromandel. Is there a track from Stoney Bay to Fletcher Bay so I can ride from Port Charles to Port Jackson? Plan is to go there in a fortnight. Thanks Cheers.

ntst8
    Participant
    • Bike: XT660Z Tenere

There is a walking track and a mountain bike track direct from Stoney to Fletcher – i don’t think either is accessible to motorbikes though.
    I stuck to (or skated around on) the roads. A 7 hour day all up.

streethassles
    Participant

Went up to Stoney bay, Coromandle on Saturday on the 660 Tenere. Good fun..Stayed at Matarangi for the night.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.