No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Regional representatives – What do you think?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

What do people think of the idea of Regional Representatives, would anyone be interested in volunteering to be one?

• Regional Rep’s would be a local contact point for new members or learner adventure riders.
    • The Rep would be expected to organise, or delegate to organise, 1 ride a month in their general area or in conjunction with other nearby areas which would be advertised here and on FB.
      Most people go for a ride at least once per month anyway so really it’s just advertising your next ride.

What are your thoughts?

Eddie

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

I like the idea, being relatively new to NZ I don’t know the areas and it would be great to have a local contact to show me around.

Addo007
    Participant
    • Bike: Dr650se

Yes I think that is a good idea. I have had a look around the site and I may be wrong but it could be handy to have a section in the forums bit for different regions where rides could be suggested and people in the area who want to go can easily find it. I’m new to this site so there may be somewhere with this that I haven’t seen…

ApewithHumour
    Participant

Good idea, however some riding is done spur of the moment and planning is difficult to ‘expect’ or ‘delegate’ to organise….
    I like the idea of a local contact though for a region that may be able to help or forward to someone who could help due to a breakdown, stranding, stuck in mud! even…
    Sort of like ADV AA…:)

I have a trailer, a ute and could maybe at some stage with notice, do a roadside rescue! A few beers and gas money should cater for that

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@addo007 anyone is welcome to start a thread for their area and post when they are going for a ride.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Check out https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/members/members-offering-bedspace-or-other-assistance/

The results page still needs some refining which I’ll continue to work on.

@mark_wareham said:
    I like the idea of a local contact though for a region that may be able to help or forward to someone who could help due to a breakdown, stranding, stuck in mud! even…
    Sort of like ADV AA…:)

I have a trailer, a ute and could maybe at some stage with notice, do a roadside rescue! A few beers and gas money should cater for that

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I created region specific topics under the ‘Outings, Get togethers and ride reports‘ section. In any topic if you press the ‘Subscribe” link above the first post you’ll get an alert anytime someone posts in that topic.

<cite>@addo007 said:</cite>
    Yes I think that is a good idea. I have had a look around the site and I may be wrong but it could be handy to have a section in the forums bit for different regions where rides could be suggested and people in the area who want to go can easily find it. I’m new to this site so there may be somewhere with this that I haven’t seen…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.