fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Registering for the forums – Small glitch

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Registering for the forums – Small glitch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

There’s a little glitch when you register which means your forum role isn’t assigned properly and you may not be able to post immediately.

I’m updating these as soon as I see them after people register, so if you can’t post straight away check back again in a few hours and I should have updated your access.

Apologies for this, I’m trying to figure out how to fix it at the moment.

Eddie

Eddieb
    Keymaster

This has actually turned out to be quite handy as it allows a review and approval period before a new user can post.

I know it’s a bit of a pain for those that are keen to join in, but at the moment we are getting as many spam requests as we are genuine adventure riders. Because of that at this point in time I’m not looking at fixing it as it allows me to catch the spammers before they flood the site with junk.

Generally it’s only a few hours between registering and being fully setup.

Jimmy With 2 Eyes
    Participant

Oh well it seem’s you have this handii wee problem fixed……………Oh that’s I was registered but didn’t even know it eh’ hahahaha Oh my…………….Hey thank’s for the help once again I’ve had a bit too much on my wee mind of late and I guess trying to squeeze in as much fair weather riding as possible in before the white stuff forces gates to be locked isn’t helping either!!?!!
    my other Adventure bike she goes verii well backward’s on long wet grass…………….

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Virago 1100?

Jimmy With 2 Eyes
    Participant

Hahahahaha um’ no manii think she is but she’s a XV Special or XV500 eh’ imported in 1990 from the US real reliable does 160km’s any day of the week onlii glitch was the head light dipped the wrong way but even that was a bonus as I fitted a car head light and it’s the best head light I’ve ever had!!!! Hey Eddieb great site & great page on Facebook so pleased I found this place thank you mateii!!!

p.s another site I go to sells’ these transfers I reckon you should investigate something along the same lines but with the Adventure Riding NZ just a thought eh’

Attachments:
    Eddieb
    Keymaster

@Facebook – Jimiwith2eyes said:
    p.s another site I go to sells’ these transfers I reckon you should investigate something along the same lines but with the Adventure Riding NZ just a thought eh’

Only just seen this post, dunno why I missed it earlier

I have considered something like this Jimmi, finding a printer that will do them at a reasonable price isn’t easy though. If anyone can recommend a cheap printer let me know.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I have fixed the small glitch when registering now. When a user registers they will now receive an email containing a link which they will have to click to confirm their email address is valid. Once that link is clicked another email is sent with a randomly generated password for login.

It took a while to get a system in place that would automatically deal with all the spam bot registrations we get. It was taking up quite a bit of time to deal with them manually.

Here’s an example of 3 days worth of spam registrations:

Attachments:
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.