fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Review: Pro Line 'Wind Jammer II'

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

The ‘Wind Jammer II’ by Pro Line is a neoprene skirt that fits around the base of your helmet and makes claims to ‘Substantially reducing wind roar and noise fatigue’.

I purchased the Wind Jammer II as I was finding I was finding on my DR650 with my Zeus 2100B helmet that I was getting a lot of dirty turbulent air coming up through the rear of my helmet and roaring in my ears.

The Wind Jammer II fits easily enough onto a helmet and stays attached through the use of an integrated non-slip band, though it was quite a stretch to get it onto an adventure style helmet.
    Once fitted the skirt stays where you have put it, there’s no slipping while taking your helmet on and off, though getting your helmet on and off is more difficult as the stretched neoprene is very tight around the ears. Some care is required that you don’t pull on your ears or catch an earring.

When it comes to riding, for me the Wind Jammer II delivers what it says on the box. It won’t remove all wind noise, and I still won’t ride on the open road without plugs as well, but for me it significantly reduces the amount of wind noise through stopping that turbulent air swirlng up the back of my helmet behind my ears.

I also noticed on a recent winter ride where temperatures were below zero that my face was a lot warmer, the same air that wasn’t swirling into my helmet also wasn’t freezing my chin and riding in the cold was far more pleasurable. How that will impact summer riding remains to be seen.

One downside I have found is that on my Zeus 2100B the front vent is partially blocked which reduces the airflow through the front vent and means the visor can fog up where it wasn’t previously. I haven’t found this to be a huge problem though.

All in all I’m happy with the Wind Jammer II, happy enough that I have ordered another one to go onto my Arai road helmet, and one for my partner to try out and see if she likes it. The reduction in turbulent wind noise around my ears has been significant and made riding more enjoyable.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

My new Wind Jammer II arrived via Ebay a few days ago, ordered from overseas as I couldn’t find a NZ supplier. 7 days delivery from Cardiff, Wales was pretty good I thought.

I fitted the new one to my Arai road helmet today so I’ll see what differnce it makes to that helmet.

Attachments:

Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Awesome, I’m ordering one right now, I hope I have the same experience with shipping as you, I’m heading down to the South Island for a ride in 8 days!

Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Awesome, thanks for the review! I’m ordering one right now, I hope I have the same experience with shipping as you, I’m heading down to the South Island for a ride in 8 days!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.