fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Right Multiswitch BMW R1200GS fix

Home Forums Bikes BMW Right Multiswitch BMW R1200GS fix

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mario Gregor
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R2100GS 2006

Hi guys
    my right indicator stopped working and as I see it, it looks like the microswitch is dead.
    I haven’t tested anything else on the bike, as I wouldn’t know where to start haha, but the indicator worked fine that worked every second time, then I had to push a bit harder on the switch to get it going until it stopped. So my first thought was the switch,
    I have taken it off the bike and and tried to open it. TRIED is a good word as I haven’t managed. haha.
    any idea how to get in there? is it worth sourcing a microswitch and resoldering it or just buying the whole damn unit?
    I found this: https://www.digikey.com/products/en?lang=en&site=US&KeyWords=401-1159-ND&x=0&y=0
    that should take care of the switch if I by any chance managed to open the unit.
    any advice please?
    thanks heaps

Mario Gregor
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW R2100GS 2006

smaller resolution here

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 R1200GSA, 2018 1090R

It’s probably way too late (only 2.5 years) but perhaps it will help someone else. At least one of the screws holding the unit together is underneath the labels, so poke and prod. Once you’ve got all the screws out, it should start to feel looser. While it’s tight, you haven’t got them all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.