No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat RTW riding New Zealand VLOG

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Mota 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Mr.Mota
    Participant

Good day fellow NZ riders.

Couple people I’ve met along the way suggested me posting here and I think someone mentioned my travels on this forum a few weeks ago.

Anyway, riding around the world since 2014 on a ’91 Honda Transalp and now taking on your beautiful islands for half a year. Rode down from Auckland to South Island and am currently in Central Otago. Such amazing hospitable and generous people I’ve met along the way. Never expected that in a country with so many tourists. No need to flatter you spoiled souls regarding nature and roads here.

So a few weeks back one beautiful morning riding gravel in Abel Tasman, coming from Awaroa, near Takaka I decided on the spot to start a vlog. Something that had been on my mind for a long time. There was little to no preparation so audio and video is trial and error from the start.

I’ll post a few episodes here and if people like it I can post more. If someone does something similar or would like to go for a ride sometime hit me up. See you around, cheers.

Vlog #1 – Totaranui

Vlog #2 – Takaka Hill

Vlog #3 – Murchison

Vlog #4 – Karamea Bluff

Andrew Thomson
    Participant
    • Bike: Super Tenere, Concours 14

Make sure you hit me up when you come North again!

Mr.Mota
    Participant

<cite>@Bandit Rider said:</cite>
    Make sure you hit me up when you come North again!

All good mate. I’ll come see the Bandit.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

We can usually offer accomodation in Hamilton also.

Mr.Mota
    Participant

P1310034

<cite>@eddieb said:</cite>
    We can usually offer accomodation in Hamilton also.

Such is New Zealand! Thank you for the offer mate and got it noted for if I go back to North Island.

Continuing riding down South Island. The weather has been absolutely perfect for a solid week now, cannot complain. Rain is coming again though this Wednesday, so be it. I’ll take a cold day over a rainy day any day. Few more vlogs from on the road. Mixing it up here and personally I think #7 and #8 are really worth checking out.

Vlog #5 – Punakaiki

Vlog #6 – Lewis Pass

Vlog #7 – Arthurs Pass

Vlog #8 – Lake Brunner offroad

Mr.Mota
    Participant

P1340697

After that little swimming lesson with Alp it was time to head further down south. Good weather but after Franz Josef some bad rain was coming which would last a few days. Still managed to go over Haast Pass on a dry day and on the other side amazing weather followed for over a week. The Central Otago mountains and lakes are the beautiful New Zealand that I imagined before coming here. Along with Ruapehu and Wahariki Beach one of my favorite areas of NZ.

A lot more compilations, putting more time into them than anticipated. Vlog #10 gives you a good insight into a riding day and planning ahead. Having a good time but not seeing other riders on the road anymore.

Vlog #9 – To Harihari
    Vlog #10 – Franz Josef glacier
    Vlog #11 – Haast Pass

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Pedro? Ainda estas pela Nova Zelândia?

Pedro? Are you still around New Zealand?

Mr.Mota
    Participant

Sim/yes. Check your PM.

Mr.Mota
    Participant

P1390534

Last post in July, how time flies but nothing new there. Basically just working and earning my next long stint. Still managed to make a few vlogs. Managed to skie for few weeks too which was great. First time, Remarkables and Coronet just around the corner. Central Otago winter, bloody amazing. So far I prefer it over spring.

Vlog #12 – Great lakes!
    Vlog #13 – Take me down to paradise!
    Vlog #14 – Fall on my ass in icy Paradise
    Vlog #15 – To Milford Sound!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.