No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear Seat Concepts

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Badjelly 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ss2fly
    Participant
    • Bike: KTM 540exc - modified

The standard seat in my KTM520exc is like sitting in an ironing board on its side!

I managed to complete a ride to the Burt Monroe and back from Tauranga with this seat in conjunction with a sheep skin and padded cycle short on but it still killed my rump and lower back.

I think it’s the narrow width and foam density that’s at fault here.

I’ve been doing some research on the Seat Concept range of products and the reviews seem favourable

Some real world kiwi reviews would be nice to hear.

Anyone using one on their steed?

I love my bike but it’s SO uncomfortable if your in the saddle for anything over half an hour….

Peter
    Participant

I am taking my seat to McDonald’s in Tauranga they custom fit and manufacture to fit not heard anything but good about them

ss2fly
    Participant

What’s that worth?

Peter
    Participant

Rough quote was 4 to 5 hundred maybe a bit more that importing a seat kit but I can test ride it before they cover and every seat is custom fitted to the rider possibly cheaper than buying a generic kit that doesn’t quite fit and having to modify or worst put up with

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I bought one for my Dr and didn’t like it. I had 2 Dr’s at the time and when I sold 1 bike the seat concepts went with it and I kept the home made seat that had come on the 2nd bike.

Some years before that I bought an airhead gs that came with a mcdonalds seat, it was brilliant.

adriannz
    Participant
    • Bike: Honda Transalp 2001

Just starting to look at making my KLR more comfortable and found a couple of Videos by “Wandering Beast” on seat concepts and a seat pad.

Badjelly
    Participant

I recently installed a SC on my DRZ400.

I opted for the low height seat, so it might not be as comfortable as the std height option but it’s still an improvement on the standard Suzuki seat. Mostly to do with the width I think, though the foam is a bit denser so that’s probably helping too.

Install was fairly easy, though I didn’t get it quite as taut as I should’ve – looks fine though.

ss2fly
    Participant

Where did you get yours from BJ?
    Direct from SC?
    How muchie if you don’t mind me asking?

Badjelly
    Participant

Purchased from http://adventurebikeaustralia.com.au/ as no distributor in NZ

Details will be on the site but was about AUS$250.

If you’re in Auckland you’re welcome to come and have a look.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.