fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Sharn's Waikato Adventure Ride – 02/11/2014

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Sharn's Waikato Adventure Ride – 02/11/2014

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Sharn organised a Waikato ride from Hamilton out to Awakino at short notice and 4 riders turned out, myself, @Dean Saunders, @Sharn Amon and @facebook-michael-eastwood1.

Sharn had picked out some awesome roads which will appear on the website once I have cleaned up the GPS files.

A quick stop in Pirongia to check the route

Deano and Michael

Regrouping

A waterfall somewhere

A big kiwi ass or a big ass kiwi?

Unfortunately we bailed about half way through the ride as the weather went bad and we weren’t prepared for rain as the forecast had been for sunny and fine weather.
    After a quick bite in Te Kuiti I lead the group via some fun sealed backroads to Te Awamutu where we split up and went our separate ways. We still covered about 200km’s all up.

Dean Saunders
    Participant

awesome start to the season after been parked up for a while, Hauturu rd was/is still a fantastic bit of gravel, the awaroa was looking mighty tempting for a flyfish. Does anyone know if the Awaroa holds fish?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.