fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Sidecar alignment setup

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar setup Sidecar alignment setup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

A tutorial video from the team at Adventure Sidecar on how to align your sidecar.

Alan Morrison
    Participant

Hi guys, I have a sabistan side car nz built in mid 80s was thinking about fitting to a nv 750 honda or bigger has anybody got any suggestions

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Sidecar handling problems and solutions

Problems - Solutions

Eddieb
    Keymaster

We have available for download an article from Motorcycle Sport magazine published in January 1975 on setting up a sidecar.

A lot of information online is written from an American/European point of view where the sidecar is mounted on the right hand side of the bike, however this article is English so focuses on the sidecar being on the left side of the motorcycle.

Check out the Sidecar downloads in our Members Downloads section to download this and other articles.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Now that my sidecar is moving I was looking at this chart to find guidance and I had a bit of an epiphany.

This chart is designed for a US audience where the sidecar is mounted on the right and are driven on the right side of the road with a right side camber so for New Zealand where Sidecars are (mostly) mounted on the left and we drive on the left some of the columns need to be reversed due to camber direction and sidecar mounting differences.

If I get a moment I will do a modified version of the chart relevant to NZ /Australian sidecars.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I’ve modified the handling problems and solutions table for NZ, Australia, UK where sidecars are typically mounted on the left, and also produced a side agnostic version.

I’d credit the original creator but I have no idea where the image came from, it’s scattered all over the internet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.