fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Sidecars at the Cold Kiwi Rally 2014

Home Forums Sidecars Sidecar Rides & Events Sidecars at the Cold Kiwi Rally 2014

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Cold Kiwi 2014 was last weekend and despite spending many late nights trying to get my sidecar sorted I didn’t make it and ended up taking my DR650.

I saw and meet a few sidecars and owners however, there were some interesting units there

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    SteadyT120
    Participant

Cheers Edward,
    The Excess 11 outfit is mine. Had the chair full of camping gear for myself and my son, who rode a 1981 CB250N down with me from Auckland. The Triumph with the leaning set up is also from Auckland and I was talking to its owner at the Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride on Sunday just gone. I rode the XS outfit in the DGR with my wife in the chair and my 7yo daughter on the pillion. Great fun
    Cheers Steady

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Cheers Steady

So it’s your nephew that rides the XJ you were camped with? I’ve met him a few times around the place, and met his brother at Boyds last week.

SteadyT120
    Participant

Yes that’s my nephew Grant. Lives in Hamilton. He’s pretty quick on that outfit too. Too fast for an old fella like me to keep up with…

Here is a pic of the two outfits at Te Kuiti on the way home

IMG_0147_zps3df0e46f.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.