fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports South Island ride over queens bday 2019 (early June)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  KiwipilotR1200gs 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gregorydarcy
    Participant

Hi all I’m flying over from Oz for a short break and wanted to know if

a. Early June is ok to ride in weather wise
    b. If there are any planned rides for this time

Thanks in advance

MXNUT
    Participant

You have got it all wrong, it is us kiwi`s who head over to OZ in June to escape our crappy winter weather.
    June will be very wet and very cold with possible snow and ice depending on exactly where in the SI you will be heading..
    Not really the best time for Motorcycling.

gregorydarcy
    Participant

damn it! lol ok great thanks for the advice anyway – anywhere that may be a bit drier in SI that you could suggest?

KiwipilotR1200gs
    Participant

I was in the bottom of the south last year at that time, mainly for the Brass Monkey Rally. It was -2 at 3:30pm on the Saturday and -11 overnight. Lots of snow and ice throughout the various Road Passes. You may get away with some areas but generally its a not the best time to ride. I would probably suggest top of the south island possibly but the main adventure roads like the Molesworth and Rainbow are closed due to winter anyway. Good Luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.