No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff STICKERS!! Adventure Riding NZ to the world…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  octopusenvy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

Eddie,

Did you ever do a run of stickers? I’d suggest doing a run so we can spread the good cheer and also have something to trade with or plaster around the world. If you haven’t done a run yet, can we work on a logo? Nothing against your current logo with the rider, but it may be too complicated? What about something with the same badge but a simpler graphic in the centre of the circle, like the outline of Aoraki/Mt Cook or a volcano graphic? Just throwing out ideas. I’d be happy to take some and spread them along the CDR this year, but you would need to print them in the next 4-5wks.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

It’s on the to-do list. I wanted to do some that just had the name and/or URL as well as some of the round ones.

I’m always open to design ideas but not much of a designer myself. The current design was put together by @Scott-Baxter. Although I have changed the image, the overall design and style is the same.

I have played around with various ideas like a map of NZ, pic/line drawings/clipart of mountains with bike tracks overlaid or leading of into the distance in the current style, and different shapes like the traditional rally logo or variations on it.

I’ve got a rough design drawing at home I’ll try to find of forests and mountains and a river.

Variations of the below are all things I’ve tried out but couldn’t make work myself

e.g. something like this with the current design or a variation thereof in the center

This variation could suit NZ

or a taller version like this with the url across the bottom and the current logo or variation thereof in the center

I was also looking at a ~150×30 ish sticker just with the url, possibly with the www. and .co.nz bits vertical at each end with AdventureRidingNZ upright and accentuated somehow in the center.

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

I like the Rally Volcanoes logo, and I have an idea to flip/invert it as a reference to being ‘down under’.

Another option/idea is to add a lat/long of either Cook Strait, the geographical center of NZ, Aoraki, or Ruapehu.

I suck at logos as well, but I’d love to take some of these overseas and it will be good advertising since a lot of people stop all along the CDR. I offered the same to Josh (RemoteMoto) when we were riding and he was keen on the idea but haven’t heard back.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Here’s another mockup done years ago

Attachments:

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Some requirements:
    The logo must contain the website name: Adventure Riding NZ
    For sticker and web use the logo must contain the website url: https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz
    Ideally the logo or a simplified version of it will be suitable for embroidery on garments, so legible in that medium at sizes down to 8cm in width

The current logo

a design suggestion by @octopusenvy the shape is a reversal of the Volcanes logo above, because we are on the underside of the world.

Here’s a few other logos for inspiration off the net used by other Adventure / Dual Sport websites.

Attachments:

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

Can anyone put a kiwi on an adventure bike? Put that on the upside down mountains.

octopusenvy
    Participant

A kiwi riding no-handed? In truth it’s certainly an option, but there are two main ways to proceed: either sleek [minimal] & stylish or comical/jovial. Personally I think sleek & stylish for something we might wear and promote overseas. I did reduce the busy bikes to one and added a kiwi to the current option by changing the snowline for a [bad] silhouette of a kiwi head if you look closely:
    advlogo

The thing is that we can do different multiple runs if we can fund prints multiple times. But the reality is that most are less attached to an image and more attached to just getting out there (i hope). So everyone, including myself, will just be fine with whatever Eddie decides. Personally, mate, I won’t feel upset if you bag my suggestion, but I do like it and it’s got some support with multiple inputs. I think we can tweak out something acceptable rather quickly if you are willing, or we can wait and delay and the same result will happen. Another important point is that there are several of us going overseas and riding, so the sooner we can have more advertising to be armed with, the better it is going to be for your services and the group as a whole.

I am willing to talk to some designers that I know and see if they can’t make a high-res & revised printable image, for you to decide to use or discard.

octopusenvy
    Participant

Eddie, have you had any further thoughts or made a decision here? The opportunity for me to pass out stickers or paste them up in America (a large sector of NZ tourist population) while riding will remain until I leave on the 29th. Josh from remote moto is sending me some stickers, and I’m happy to post up both 🙂

I’m still liking the simple and stylish design, but your call. As a few said, if you decide, people are happy with that and will support it regardless of what it looks like (within reason of course).

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I am. I’ve been working on it around kids 21st and things.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Preferred Octopusenvy’s version. Cleaner. The upside down mountain is a point of difference.

octopusenvy
    Participant

Thanks Box a Bits, I may agree with you but happy to support Eddie in what he wants 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.