No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Sunday Waikato wandering

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

After bolting a bigger tank, seat etc on the DR I had to take it our for a trail run before Suzuki D-Day next weekend.

From Hamilton I headed East looking for somewhere different and randomly picking directions at junctions.

First stop was the community of Walton. My entire life I’d seen the signs for Walton but never been there. It turned out to be bigger than I thought it would, though still very small. As with most small towns there was a nice old church.

Through Walton and I came out on the Old Te Aroha Road with a sign pointing to a memorial for Flight 441 600 metres away.

Flight 441 crashed into the Kaimai ranges in 1963 and at the time was NZ’s worst aviation disaster.

The Firth Tower on the edge of Matamata. You don’t see many buildings like that in NZ

And the obligatory stop outside the Hobbit themed Matamata tourist centre.

Followed by a quick stop outside the Hobbiton farm/film set. I must go in there one day, but today wasn’t the day.

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

And the verdict on the changes was??

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@Facebook – stephen.clark.52206 said:
    And the verdict on the changes was??

I don’t find any real difference with the tank size, it doesn’t feel any wider or particularly top heavy on the road. The front end feels a little more solid, I presume the extra 12 litres of fuel weight provides some preload effect.

The seat is VERY comfortable, a huge improvement over what I had, which was a big improvement over stock already. Where it widens could ideally be a cm or 2 further back as I don’t have a lot of scope when putting my legs down, I have to squeeze up against the tank a bit. Very happy overall though.

I’m really enjoying how the bike is set up now, It pretty much idles constantly now and the fuel economy is suffering as my right hand is having issues being gentle on the throttle out of corners.

I also won’t feel so insecure when parking next to Gus 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.