fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Swap my blue 20L DR650 fuel tank for your white one?

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell Swap my blue 20L DR650 fuel tank for your white one?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Hi guys, I’ve gone and bought myself a DR650 with a 20L long range fuel tank, which is really great except for it being the worst colour in history. Is there anyone out there with a similar size tank that’s white or clear that’d swap with some cash your way? The tank’s in good nick, I’m not sure on the brand but can post pics for anyone who’s interested.

It might come down to me having to accept the colour, or maybe having to sell it and take the train to work until I can buy a new one..

If anyone’s down for a swap let me know!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

Where are you Russell? that may help people decide.

Your tank looks like the IMS 18 litre one. Why don’t you like the Blue one? I have a white IMS tank on my Blue DR at the moment, I originally had a black one and swapped that for the white with Fran in Nelson when I was down that way as the rest of his bike was black, and teh white looked better with the blue than the black did.

Mine white tank is a little rough, the tankbag has rubbed some wear lines down each side of the front of the tank. Interestingly I had the same tak bag on my black tank and it didn’t do that.

Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Hi Ed, oops- I’m in Auckland (Remuera)

I haven’t seen any markings on the tank as to the make or model, I only guess it’s a 20L tank because I put 18.6L in the other day with still maybe a litre and a bit sloshing around in the bottom. Tomorrow I’ll take it off and have a look underneath it to be sure.
    Are they measured including or excluding reserve?

Eventually I want to change the whole bike to white where possible, IMO things just look more badass in white!
    I’ll probably be coming down to Hamilton in this week and would love to swap if you’re keen to! I’m not too worried about scuffing etc.

Off topic:
    This site is awesome! too bad I didn’t find this site a few days before I did, I went down through Hamilton to go for a bit of an adventure ride aiming for the uruwearas and ended up taking Leslie-Cecil Road from Putaruru to Mamaku, then coming back that night and finding this site, recommending that very road! This site is so perfect!! Can’t wait to go for some rides with you guys.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

The IMS tanks are 18 litres including reserve but often swell over time. I put 17.95 litres in mine the other day and had only done about 5km on reserve.

IF you are coming to Hamilton your welcome to come and have a look at the tank and we might be able to do a swap.

Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Oh ok cool, I’ve decided I’m definitely coming down to Hamilton tomorrow. I’ll private message you my number, give me a text and I’ll give you a call when I get in, around mid-day.

Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Huh.. ok I can’t find where to PM, so my number’s oh two seven 523 8fivefivefour. looking forward to hearing from ya!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Yeah I haven’t implemented a PM function yet, it’s something on the list.

I have text you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.