Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Test ride an Xchallenge?

Home Forums Bikes BMW Test ride an Xchallenge?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    • Bike: TBD

New to NZ and new to the forum. Love the bike comparison tables and I’m super excited to ride in NZ!

I just moved to Auckland from the US and am looking for my next adventure bike. I’m really intrigued by the Xchallenge and I found one in Australia that might be worth bringing across, but I’ve never ridden one. Any chance there’s a SUPER nice Kiwi here willing to let me test ride their Xchallenge before I pay to ship one over?

I haven’t added it all up, but I probably have about 100,000km under my belt on everything from a KLE500 to an R100GS, including across much of Africa and Europe (photo below is from Sudan in 2009).

Attachments:
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

There’s not many XChallenge in NZ, maybe less than a dozen. @pablo_sosa had one many years ago.

Did you bring the Airhead over?

Mark
    • Bike: TBD

No, I wish. The Airhead was surrendered to the Zambian Revenue Authority at the unplanned end of a ride back in 2010 (long story). I’ve been thinking through what my next bike will be and the specs on the XChallenge caught my eye. The one in Australia has already sold and they do seem super rare here, so I’m expanding my search criteria a bit.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

@alexander-breig has an Xchallenge

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.