fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

New Member Assistance section

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff New Member Assistance section

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

[s]Some of you may have noticed I’ve added a new Members only section to the main menu at the top of the page.[/s]

[s]This section is only visible by Adventure Riding NZ members who are logged in and the general idea is to place features that we don’t want the general public to see in this area.[/s]

[s]To start with the first feature under the members only section is a list of members who are willing to offer assistance to fellow members, assistance could range from a bed/couch/floor/tent pitch for traveling members, through to access to tools or being able to collect a bike in case of breakdown or emergency fixes.[/s]

[s]If you are interested in providing this sort of assistance to members can you please test the registration forms out for me and advise if you strike any issues. I have tested from here and they seem to work ok, but I have had a report from a member that he had issues.[/s]

[s]To register first visit the Member assistance page. From there press the ‘Sign up to offer member assistance’ button.
    A new page will appear with a link to record in case you want to come back and edit your settings later, and which you need to click to continue and fill out the details.
    The only personal information asked for is a contact email or phone number for other members to contact you by, and it is because of this that I have put this in a secure area.[/s]

[s]So if you are interested, could fill out the form and let me know if you strike any issues.[/s]

Thanks

Eddie[/s]

Scroll down for new updates!

Gordon James
    Participant
    • Town/City: Auckland
    • Bike: BMW F800 GS; KTM 525 EXC

In an attempt to rectify an error on my record, I may have inadvertently created another blank one…sorry

Eddieb
    Keymaster

In January 2014 I created the first Member assistance section, where members could offer accomodation, mechnical, breakdown assistance etc to other members in need, Unfortunately it was clunky and unweildy and so not well used.

Roll around to January 2016 and today I’ve relaunched the Members Assistance section but this time it should be much easier to use.

If you can offer Adventure Riding NZ members assistance of any sort you can now update information in your profile to say what you can or can’t offer.

To add the information in your profile click on your name in the right hand menu to go into your profile, then on the ‘Profile’ link, then on ‘Edit’ and you will find fields allowing you to select what assistance you can offer.

To find members who can offer assistance check out the new page in the members section: https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/members/members-offering-bedspace-or-other-assistance/

On the Members Assistance page select the region you are looking for assistance in and a search will be returned of members in that area offering assistance. As I figure out how to I’ll update the search results to show more information up front.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Can you offer members accomodation or other assistance? don’t forgot to fill out your profile if you can.

Here’s @phil_johnston from Christchurch on his Super Sherpa leaving our place in Hamilton on Tuesday as he makes his way around the North Island.

Attachments:
    Phil Johnston
    Participant
    • Bike: Kawasaki Sherpa 250cc

Riding through gentle Annie.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.