The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2017 – Wellington

Forums Forums Sidecars Sidecar Rides & Events The Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2017 – Wellington

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Box.a.Bits 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

The Distinguished Gentleman’s Ride raises awareness & funds for mens health. The ride is worldwide, held in major cities around the world. It has raised nearly $4.2m so far this year, with 89,150 riders registered. There more information on the DGR here

The Wellington event had 311 riders registered – but there were likely more on the ride. We had raised $24,431 just prior to the event, though like the elections, not all donations are in, & this may increase over time.

BTW, don’t feel left out – my donations page is here.

To all my sponsors, a heart felt thank you – I really appreciate your support.

The ride started from the Chocolate Fish Cafe in Shelly Bay this year – in part because the event is growing, & finding spaces large enough to host the incoming bikes (& not aggravate the locals or council) is becoming challenging.

Assembly was at 11.00am, with the ride leaving at 12.00 noon, riding round the bays, & reassembling at the Red Rocks carpark. The ride then returned to the Chocolate Fish via the CBD. A fine day for a change, albeit a bit gusty in places.

A few photos are attached to give a favour for the day. In common with other years, I wish I got around more of the bikes – there were some I saw from a distance that I just didn’t get to.

If this gentleman isn’t a style icon, I don’t know who is. Photo courtesy of Chloe Eberly

Footage of the ride leaving from the Chocolate Fish courtesy of Connor Broomfield

From a fashion perspective, I was wearing a single breasted pinstriped suit, waitcoast, striped shirt with french cuffs & cufflinks, & a grey bowtie. Mrs Box.a.bits was in a faux sheepskin jacket. In keeping with past years there are no pictures, to protect the unwary.

Oh, alright then, just the one…

Photo courtesy of Patrick Mackay

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.