No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Where to ride Riding Overseas The 'NO TOUR' budget Adventure tour 2017…HIMALAYA!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

We kiwi are usually budget conscious (thrifty if you will) due to our remote location and poor kiwi dollar, so here’s an opportunity to do an overseas adventure ride that will stay with you forever.

I’ve been to India 3 times now, each time different, and each time cementing deep and lasting memories of beauty and wonder. On my last trip in 2015, I rode solo through the Indian and Nepalese Himalaya. I thought it would fulfill a dream, but instead of finishing the dream I simply long to return. I knew on the 2nd day that I would continue to return as long as I was capable, since nowhere else in the world offers such friendly, inexpensive, and expansive views, terrain, and experience.

Details:

The tour will take in remote Spiti areas, as well as Ladakh and Kashmir on a loop from Delhi. I have a small group of Indian biker mates who know the area very well, and have previously run successful tours. But that is not their style. They just want to ride and help others to ride affordably. So imagine a small group with a few locals, no support vehicle (not necessary), and a reliable bike to ride the top of the world…

August/September is the best weather for this ride, so we are looking at either of these two months for 2-3weeks touring. We are flexible, and will solidify dates based on interest. Already we have an experienced couple interested for two bikes and we are looking for 2-3 more. The total price INCLUDING RETURN AIRFARE from NZ or Australia will be 4700AUD/5000NZD. This price also covers bike hire, accommodation and shared meals. Only spending money is extra.

Join us for the ride of a lifetime through the Himalaya in 2017.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

…… Where can I scrape 5k up from………?

octopusenvy
    Participant
    • Bike: 2102 Husaberg FE570 Rally Australia Bike, 2007 BMW 650 x-Challenge, 2009 Buell XP Ulysses Police Duty (1 of 137)

You have a year to save up. It’s got to be one of the best value for money destinations and tours out there…I can’t recommend it enough.

The alternative is sell your kidney or rob a bank, but I find saving less hassle.

Martin Worswick
    Participant

whats your estimated cost without flights?i’ll be in europe at that point but if things work out i’ll be very interested.whats your estimated cost without flights?what sort of bikes are you renting?

Martin Worswick
    Participant

<cite>@octopusenvy said:</cite>
    You have a year to save up. It’s got to be one of the best value for money destinations and tours out there…I can’t recommend it enough.

The alternative is sell your kidney or rob a bank, but I find saving less hassle.

i heard a news article on the radio that you can sell your nuts for 35k usd apiece !finished having kids yet?

octopusenvy
    Participant

Martin and I have been chatting, but essentially looking at 3000-3200 without flights, 4500 all included from NZ, based on 6 people. Less numbers and add 200 each.

As for bikes, it’s really up to the riders, but I find lower cc FI (EFI) bikes are the best

octopusenvy
    Participant

Here’s footage from my 2015 trip to the Himalaya’s!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Planning is well under way for this, if you are interested get in touch with @octopusenvy asap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.