fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Gear The Tyre Thread

This topic contains 20 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  James C 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

MarkH
    Participant

I ran an E07 front & rear on the DR650, front was OK and rear was really good. I’ve just bought and fitted a TKC-80 front tyre on the CRF1000L, along with a nice new E07 rear tyre.

I went for a ride today and scrubbed in my new tyres. I did a bit over 200km with a decent amount of gravel, the tyres were good on the seal and on the gravel, I’m pretty happy with my choice.

bassman
    Participant

My Two worth.Ive been trying out the MotoZ Tractionater tyres.I fitted them at the start of Feb and attended Chris Birchs two day off road course (which I cant recommend highly enough)Tyres were used in farm paddocks ,mud.river crossings and fast closed forestry roads around Thames and were most excellent.A week later I did the TT2000 two up with luggage mostly on road with a little bit of gravel around kiwi rd and Waikarimoana.As I write this Ive just got back from a week down south having been through Molesworth,rainbow,Porika ,Braeburn,Maruia saddle,Random spur,Black forrest,Old dunstan,Dansys.The Haka,French pass,Titirangi bay,well you get the idea.Front tyre is still fine rear tyre is shagged and split to the cords but held together .I was bricking it when I first noticed it splitting when I was in Kurow but that was 800km ago and nothing I could do been Easter Sunday.Am home safe and sound .SO tyre only lasted two months but did just under 7500km so Im more than happy.And yes been a slack arse its still on the bike and been used to commute to work lol

Eion
    Participant

Just got a new rear tyre today, I had a TKC70 on the rear, very good tyre for dry and wet riding! Also very good on gravel. The only thing I didn’t like about them was riding on wet grass, with the solid centre line the rear acted like a slick, no grip on wet grass at all. Still had some tread left on it but after doing the south island with a heavy load it squared off a bit. I got 13,376 kms out of it, I’m now trying a Michelin Anakee Adventure,
    This has a similar tread pattern, a little blockyer, but without the solid centre.still an 80/20 tire. I’ve done just over 300 km with them today on gravel and road, very secure footing on the loose gravel, so far very good, a little bit more road noise with the blocky tread. Will see how they go, photos,
    on the left Anakee Adventure,
    on the right TKC 70.

OldBeer
    Participant

Just about to fit a Shinko 804 front and 805 rear to my Vstrom.
    Presently has the stock tyres, the front seems a bit squibbly on the gravel

Have this combination on the drz400 also so will be interesting to see what happens.

Eion
    Participant

Update,
    I have just changed my TKC70 front, I got 18,250kms out of it, still had about 500kms left on it. I have changed it to a shinko E705, will see how it goes.

James C
    Participant

My Triumph has Pirelli Scorpion Trail Tyres. I have found them to be rather disconcerting on gravel. They very good on Road and heat up fairly quickly. As a result I ve been looking for a slightly more aggressive Tyre to provide better levels of offroad traction without losing to much road grip. The Shinko E705 was my choice recommended by Fortnine. However there are quite a few reviews that say it is really bad in the wet? Also a few reviews with road performance issues. Eion it would be great if you could do an update on how you finding them! Will really appreciate that.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.