fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Tiger 800 XRX Low

Home Forums Bikes Triumph Tiger 800 XRX Low

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dean Dorricott
    Participant

The forks on my 800 XRX Low have bottomed out a couple of times on our crappy Northland roads and wondering weather progressive springs would solve the problem or maybe a heavier oil?
    This is my first modern Triumph and I don’t know anyone who I would trust to do the job.
    Is there someone you would reccomend?
    I’m in Whangarei and happy to travel to get the work done.
    I’ve ordered longer rear suspension dogbone links to raise the rear by 30mm and I’m in the process of making an extension for the side stand for when I raise it.
    I keep grinding the footpegs and the gear shifter so I’m hoping this will help the issue.
    Cheers,
    Dean

Kiwi Mo
    Participant

Hi there Dean. Im not an expert but know a bit. First I would ensure the forks are in face serviceable. Check there is fork oil in there, correct weight and the correct level. Fork seals in good nick and not leaking. Im thinking when you raise the rear you will put a little more forward weight on the springs, like pointing the bike down hill a bit. It will load it up a bit and may make it twitchy at speed. Will feel lighter. You may get a wobble at higher speeds, not good. Heavier, stronger springs will be stiffer and not bottom out as easily but you can go too far. The weight of the fork oil controls how fast it changes position. So thinner is faster. Try doing some searches on suspension on the u-tube there is some crap but other posts are on the money.

Currently looking at sag, race sag for the rear shock for my DR650. Mar need a stronger rear spring. So learning heaps.
    Check this out to set up the rear.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.