fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

TL1000 right side pipe – $35

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell TL1000 right side pipe – $35

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

02FAA exhaust from a TL1000

Length: mating surface to end of pipe body 525mm
    Oval height: 129mm
    Oval Width: 112mm
    32mm outlet

Must be collected from Hamilton.

Was fitted to my DR, and my DR before that but I’ve recently replaced it with the larger flowing GSXR600 pipe.

Orignal TL hanger bracket has been ground off.
    Has a rattle where I took the end cap off and ground a hole through the end plate to see if it sounded/performed better. It didn’t so I screwed a bolt into the hole but it sounds like it’s come loose. Just needs tightening/filled with liquid metal.
    No mid pipe.

Fitted to my first bike:

side on, plus this shows the short front guard I have for sale on the buy and sell forum.

Attachments:
    Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Hey Eddie, a few quick Q’s,
    did you notice any power difference? How’s it sound? and will it bolt straight back on to a DR?

cheers.

Russell John Bowden
    Participant

Oh two other things, did it increase flow enough to require a re-jet?
    and your second photo can’t be seen by people who aren’t logged in to kiwi biker 😉

I’m coming through Hamilton tomorrow on my way down so if there is a gain to be had and it’d bolt straight on there’s a good chance I’d pick it up.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

They need a custom midpipe that goes from the stock header to the 4 bolt flange that suzuki sports bikes use.

I noticed a mild improvement, I felt it was a bit more responsive down low, and it was smoother in top gear at lower speeds. I can’t remember if I rejetted, I don’t think so.

Updated the pic above to show it side on for an example of the length, and the pic shows the motard front guard I have for sale.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.