Touratech Luggage

Forums Forums General Discussion Gear Touratech Luggage

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  CC Rider 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

James Gibbings
    Participant

Anyone else think that Touratech luggage is way overrated?

Sent the following to the touratech dealer aka Motomart in Lower Hutt:

I have a Zega Pro luggage system for a KTM 1190R adventure and I really have to say I’m very disappointed in the product.

I have only had the system for some 6 months and it has only tackled metal roads around Northland, nothing too demanding.

After a short period the mount that holds the top box to the frame became very stiff as dust made its way into the top box. It has now failed completely and will not release from the frame. I had to remove the two front lugs off the top box in order for it to detach from the bike.

The plastic that houses the locking mechanism is also very soft and will not secure the bold that fastens the locking mechanism with the bolt spinning freely in its housing.

Returning the product is not an option as I live in Whangarei, and far from Lower Hutt.

Furthermore for the price I would expect the units to come complete with key locks to secure them.

My partner has the Givi equivalent on her 800xcx and they are far superior in build and value.

I have since given up on the Touratech system and will consign it to the bin as it’s clearly not up to even the most gentle of conditions.

Better to just buy a black roll bag from the army surplus store for $50

CC Rider
    Participant

I’ll stay away from Touratech then..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.