No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Site Stuff Touratech prize competition – August 2015

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Joao 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

@touratech NZ, the worlds largest Adventure motorcycle accessory manufacturer has come on board as a sponsor of Adventure Riding NZ.

As part of Touratech NZ’s sponsorship we’re going to have some great prizes to give away to members but you’re going to have to earn it.

For our first competition the prize is a Touratech dry bag.

The winner of this awesome prize will be the rider who puts the most km’s on their adventure bike in the month of August 2015.

The rules:
    1) A picture of your speedo at it’s starting km for the month must be uploaded to this forum thread to confirm your entry.
    2) A picture of the same speedo with it’s final km reading must be uploaded to this forum thread before midnight of August 31st 2015 to confirm your final km tally.
    3) Pictures submitted on Facebook or Google+ are not considered an entry, they must be submitted to this forum thread on http://www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz.
    4) Kms must be ridden in New Zealand, overseas trips don’t count.

So… riders start your engines! On your marks! Get set! GO!

James Riley
    Participant

Definitely in! Pm’d photo

James Riley
    Participant

In

Attachments:

Joao
    Keymaster
    • Bike: R1200GS

Hi

I’m in.

Attachments:

Box.a.Bits
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW Supertanker, R80 & Velorex Sidecar, Gilera Runner ST200

Luckily I can adjust Gus’s Odo to read whatever I damn well please…

I predict based on the current entries James will walk away with this, given the fairly big commute he does…

James Riley
    Participant

That is assuming I ride the Transalp everyday… Being winter the ST1300 is looking tempting. With heated grips, more perspex than the pope mobile and the heat from the engine block being pumped onto the fairing. If I do take the prize its going to be a tough month for it.

I’ve also cut down on my commute a bit, work from home Tuesday and stay in Porirua on Wednesday. But I will be playing in the car park on Tuesday nights from now on.

zaTTaz
    Participant
    • Bike: CBR250RR, DR350, WR450

<center>Bit late</center>

Forgot to post this on Sat. Don’t think I’ll rack up much over 1k this month but worth a shot!

Gremlin
    Participant
    • Bike: 2010 BMW R1200GS Adventure

Yeah, I’m with Stephen, I think James will get it.

Pity I’m not doing nearly the mileage I used to… Haven’t even done 10k this year so far on the BMW although I’m probably spreading mileage out across more vehicles now… 🙁

Eddieb
    Keymaster

@James NZed, @jonibarteam, @zattaz

Don’t forget to get your final tallies in before midnight August 31st, that’s Monday night coming.

James Riley
    Participant

Monday night is still a long way away!

Joao
    Keymaster

Hello,

Here is my score this month, not much due to some extra work related activities and daughters birthday party ;-), first things first right?

Attachments:

James Riley
    Participant

2410… but was a little late sending it in :-/

Do I still qualify (I promise I havent ridden it today)?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Sorry this has been delayed, I’ve been pre-occupied the last few days with spam denial of service attacks trying to take the website down, and they succeeded temporarily a couple of times.

@James NZed clocked the most km’s at 2410 over the month of August with @jonibarteam clocking up 602.

The rules were clearly laid out at the beginning of the competition and competitors were reminded 4 days before the end of the month as to when their pictures had to be in by, and unfortunately James missed the cut-off.
    As this is a touratech sponsored competition which had defined rules this means @jonibarteam wins the absolutely awesome @touratech dry bag!

@jonibarteam, get in touch with us via private message with your address so that we can arrange to get the Touratech dry bag out to you, and I think we’ll need a picture of it on the bike we you’ve got it.

The rules:
    1) A picture of your speedo at it’s starting km for the month must be uploaded to this forum thread to confirm your entry.
    2) A picture of the same speedo with it’s final km reading must be uploaded to this forum thread before midnight of August 31st 2015 to confirm your final km tally.

Joao
    Keymaster

Hi Guys,

Really happy to have won 😉
    Will definitely be uploading the picture to the forum. And hopefully using it often 😉
    James, sorry mate I hope at least you had fun.

Cheers

Joao
    Keymaster

So, as promised, here it is the picture of the Bag, in action at the 42nd Traverse, During and After.
    Great bag to take on this sort of riding.

Cheers

PS: I reccon the 42nd has 3-4Kg less mud after my attempt at it… judging for the mud I took home with me… 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.