No products in the cart.

Home Forums Bikes Triumph Triumph Scrambler 1200

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Spy photo’s have emerged online of riders testing was appears to be a 1200cc scrambler with tall enough suspension to give true off road performance.

21 inch front wheel, Ohlins twin rear shocks, bash plate, big brake discs with monobloc calipers as usually seen on top end sports bikes, and hand guards all point to serious off road cred.

Close up photo’s have also shown BMW GS style spokes that mount to the outside of the rim edge allowing the spoked rim to be tubeless.

Check out Motorcycle.com for more info and pictures.

Brainflex
    Participant
    • Bike: CT110, Husky TE 250, DRZ250, CB500X

Now this in a 600cc would hav eme spending my money, why does it always have to be a big CC?

harrywatson
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

Yeah I agree. Went for a camp at Ocean Beach a few days ago. There was a slip over the road, after the camp towards Wainui.
    Flicked over the slip on my DR650. I would not have even tried it on my brothers scrambler 900, let alone
    a 1200. Why do they pretend a scrambler is an off road bike? We’ll have to wait and see. A 600 would be really nice.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

It’s been 18 months since we first posted about this but Triumph have now announced that the Scrambler 1200 will be released on October 24th this year.

Triumph had this to say about the new model:

A brand new Triumph modern classic is set to create a riding revolution with a whole new benchmark for what makes a scrambler great.

The Scrambler 1200 marks the birth of a stunning new motorcycle generation. With never-before-seen levels of dual-purpose capability, this incredible full-on scrambler is as truly amazing off-road as it is on the road, doing everything an adventure bike can, and all with authentic scrambler style and attitude.

Because of the unprecedented worldwide interest in this next generation motorcycle, we’ve decided to release a series of exclusive insights into this genuine game-changer well in advance of its official launch.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Triumph has released a 2nd teaser video for their soon to be released 1200 Scrambler.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Teaser 3

I don’t know what happened to Teaser 4, it isn’t on Triumphs official Youtube channel.

Teaser 5

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Triumph announced today there will be 2 models in the 1200 Scrambler line, the 1200 XE and 1200 XC.

Both models share the same 1200cc motor producing 89HP and 110NM of torque rolling on 17″ rear and 21″ front wheels however the XE is the more road orientated of the 2 with a slighty steeper steering angle, shorter swingarm and 200mm suspension travel which all equates to a lower seat height, while the XE is the full monty with 250mm suspension travel, a slightly longer swingarm for more stability at speed along with a slightly more relaxed steering angle, both models use Showa forks at the front and Ohlins at the back. Tank size is 19 litres.

We’ve updated our Adventure Riding Dual Sport Specs table with the new Triumph 1200 Scrambler XE and XC.

Like most new bikes these days the 2 new 1200 scramblers come with a host of electronic features

• 6 riding modes, including Off-Road Pro on the XE
    • Optimised cornering ABS and cornering traction control on the XE
    • IMU and fully integrated technology system
    • All LED lighting, including signature DRL headlight
    • Intuitive switch cubes & 5-way joystick
    • Illuminated backlit switches
    • Torque-assist clutch
    • Keyless ignition
    • Cruise control
    • USB charging socket
    • Heated grips as standard on the XE and accessory fitted on the XC
    • Integrated GoPro control system, Triumph’s first turn-by-turn navigation system and Bluetooth phone and music operation (all enabled by an accessory Bluetooth connectivity module)

Weight is at the sharp end of current big ADV bikes coming in at 205kg dry for the XC and 207kg dry for the XE.

These pics are all the Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Eddieb
    Keymaster

On top of this Triumph also announced today that the Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE will be raced at this years Baja 1000 Rally ridden by stuntman, off-road, and desert racer Ernie Vigil.

The Scrambler 1200 XE race bike is mostly stock except for the fitment of crash bars, an extended sump guard and race-spec lighting, with the indicators and pillion pegs removed.

Ernie Vigil has never raced in the Baja 1000 but he is familiar with the course, having competed in the Mexican 1000 on a Triumph Tiger 800.

harrywatson
    Participant
    • Bike: DR650

Looks heavy, somewhere between a BMW GS 1200 and a Triumph Street Scrambler. The first video I’ve seen looks like a marketing campaign. Correct me if I’m wrong. 890mm seat height. My DR650-ling, with a slightly shaved seat is 890mm. The ‘Street Scrambler’ seat height is 790mm. My first impressions are that this bike will cost an arm and three legs to buy. Also It has a go pro camera and lots of fancy video and navigation gear on the bike when you marry google maps. It’s like they are selling an ECU. I like that the suspension is all adjustable and the brakes look great. The clock is too fancy for a man of 55. I like to see something mechanical. That’s just me though. It has the ‘Thruxton’ engine with some adjustments to the torque which creates it lower down. I would call it a beautiful looking assemblage waiting for a review that would justify it’s manufacture.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.