fbpx

The Triumph Tiger thread

Home Forums Bikes Triumph The Triumph Tiger thread

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bluemoose69
    Participant

Any Triumph riders here? I just brought my Tiger 800 over from the USA and looking to ride 🙂

Eddieb
    Keymaster

There’s a few around but they don’t seem to have sold as well as the F800 in NZ.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Triumph is teasing a new model Tiger is about to be released.

Mark Claasen
    Participant
    • Bike: 1200GSA KLR650NE WR450 RMX250, DR750,

Teaser 🙂

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Triumph has announced big updates to the Tiger 800 and 1200 bikes for 2018.

The 800’s get a shorter first gear, new full colour LCD dash, redesigned bodywork, new suspension, new exhaust, backlit handlebar switches, dash control toggles and a host of other less noticable updates. Triumph says 200 changes in all.

The 1200’s get similiar changes along with keyless ignition, updated cruise control, all led lighting and a 10kg lower weight thanks to new wheels along with exhaust, chassis and engine internals updates.For the 1200 models Triumph states they have made 100 changes overall.

Allen Watson
    Participant

Anyone still riding Tigers? Just brought one and looking to do some trips from West Auckland

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Not sure about Auckland but @chentengchris has a 800 for sale in the Waikato and @jake-maryniak has just bought one in Tauranga.

James C
    Participant

I ve just traded my Ducati Scrambler in on a Triumph Tiger 800. Had my first ride today – down onto the beach at Woodhill Forest. First time in sand….not as easy as it looks on Youtube!

rick_ford
    Participant

First time on the Tiger in the gravel this weekend, Lake Waikaremoana loop, great day out and the Triumph was great, bloody hard work in the deep gravel on the outside of the road but not bad on the other stuff.

Night Falcon
    Participant

I have an 800XC. They actually handle deep gravel and sand pretty well for the bikes dimensions. I find the trick is to be on the pegs and shift your weight further back. The front moves about a bit but it will plow right through. They are a great gravel bike.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.