fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

tukino ski field track

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat tukino ski field track

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Robertson
    Participant
    • Town/City: Te Awamutu
    • Bike: R1150 GSA

heyguys, has anyone ridden the track from desert road out to tukino ski lodge? it looks fairly challenging and i was wondering if it is even doable when there is no snow on the ground.
    cheers

ADV77
    Participant
    • Bike: 2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

https://www.tukino.org/getting-there/4wd-access

Check this out may be helpful. I would be keen to check it out. Seems doable in summer.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

I’ve driven 2/3’s of the way up it in a Subaru Forester, there’s some soft stuff right at the beginning but it was hard packed after that.

Aaron Robertson
    Participant
    • Town/City: Te Awamutu
    • Bike: R1150 GSA

i am not working from the 23rd through to the 4th so if you are interested in going for a look over that time period let me know. i am based in te awamutu. i would like to give it a go this summer even if i do it alone but company is always safer and more interesting in the unknown .

Adventure Moto
    Participant
    • Bike: Husqvarna 701 E

Did this about 18 months ago. Not difficult to get to the top in summer time as long as the gate is open / unlocked.
    You can ride up a bank and get around the gate but that would be more challenging on a big bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.