Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

tukino ski field track

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat tukino ski field track

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Aaron Robertson
    Participant
    • Town/City: Te Awamutu
    • Bike: R1150 GSA

heyguys, has anyone ridden the track from desert road out to tukino ski lodge? it looks fairly challenging and i was wondering if it is even doable when there is no snow on the ground.
    cheers

ADV77
    Participant
    • Bike: 2019 KTM 790 Adventure R

https://www.tukino.org/getting-there/4wd-access

Check this out may be helpful. I would be keen to check it out. Seems doable in summer.

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: BMW R100GS, Ducati Mark 3 250 narrow case

I’ve driven 2/3’s of the way up it in a Subaru Forester, there’s some soft stuff right at the beginning but it was hard packed after that.

Aaron Robertson
    Participant
    • Town/City: Te Awamutu
    • Bike: R1150 GSA

i am not working from the 23rd through to the 4th so if you are interested in going for a look over that time period let me know. i am based in te awamutu. i would like to give it a go this summer even if i do it alone but company is always safer and more interesting in the unknown .

Adventure Moto
    Participant
    • Bike: Husqvarna 701 E

Did this about 18 months ago. Not difficult to get to the top in summer time as long as the gate is open / unlocked.
    You can ride up a bank and get around the gate but that would be more challenging on a big bike.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.