Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

VERY modded DR650 for sale $5500

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell VERY modded DR650 for sale $5500

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Town/City: Tauranga
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS

MY DR has to go, it’s got all the mods.

Check out the details over here:

Eddie’s adventures and DR650 build thread

Located in Tauranga.

53250 km’s
    Reg on hold, no WOF as it’s been parked up for 4 months. Will need a rear tyre for the wof, I have a legal tyre here you can have if you want it. Front tyre is almost new.
    Lots of mods:
    Front forks: resprung and Race Tech Gold Valve Cartridge emulators fitted in 2020.
    Rear shock: resprung in 2020 and revalved internally.
    Aftermarket handlebars on 20mm bar risers.
    Zeta lever guards with bar end spacers so that the lever ends don’t foul on the guards.
    Braided front brake line.
    30 Litre Safari tank.
    Keihin FCR39 flat slide carb with airbox about 1/4 opened.
    Custom PhreakyPhil mid pipe with DL1000 exhaust.
    B&B bashplate.
    High Compression piston.
    Russell ‘Daylong’ seat, 6cm longer than stock and couch level padding for both rider and pillion.
    PhreakyPhil Custom made rear rack to accommodate the longer seat, with custom pannier racks.
    Frame guards.
    Footpeg lowering brackets.
    Header weld mod done.
    Battery is good, after 4 months sitting it fired up no problem.

Has been dyno’d at 42hp at the rear wheel but has been set up for low end and midrange, it is a DR after all.

Comes with a pile of bits including the original tank and plastic surround, original exhaust, spare front sprockets, original piston, original handguards, original front and rear suspension springs and all sorts of other bits.

Personalised plate not included.

I would recommend viewing, it’s been ridden and is no show queen, it has a few scrapes and scratches. I’ve owned it for about 8 years.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I’ve booked it in for a Rear tyre fitment and WOF check on Friday.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

So the DR has it’s WOF check and a couple of things were found that are being addressed.

The rear brake disc was found to be beyond wear limits so is being replaced.
    The rear brake pads were pretty much done so a new set is going in.
    The replacement tyre is going on.

Once thats done it will have a Fresh WOF and be good to go for a new owner!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

It took longer than expected due to Covid lockdowns, my local bike shop closing down for a week to shift premises and then another week to get the new workship certified to issue wofs but the mighty DR is wearing a brand new wof.

A new rear disc was fitted and new brake pads, plus a decent T63 rear tyre went on.

$6500 ONO

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Bump

Eddieb
    Keymaster

So make me a close offer and we can talk
    OR

or I might consider selling most of the bits off as a kit, then selling the bike mostly stock separately for a much cheaper price it is a viable option. At this stage I wouldn’t sell bits separately, it would be take the lot or take none of it deal.

The kit bits would be
    Keihin FCR39MX flat slide pumper carb with adapter to fit the stock airbox.
    30 Litre Safari tank.
    Russell ‘Daylong’ seat, longer than stock and couch level padding for both rider and pillion. Plus various mounting brackets required to mount the seat and luggage to make the rear guard sit further back, the CDI sit at a different angle, and the tank to sit 10mm further back to allow fitment of larger forks (e.g DRZ-400).
    Custom rear rack with longer mounting arms to accommodate the longer seat, plus side pannier luggage racks.
    Custom mid pipe with DL1000, OR, GSXR600 exhaust. The DL pipe gives more torque.
    Could possibly include
    Frame guards.
    Footpeg lowering brackets.

I’d need $2500 OVNO for that lot to make it worth my while.

Daniel Fisher
    Participant
    • Town/City: Nor-West
    • Bike: DRZ400E

It will be a sad day when you move the DR on. Parting could be the way to go if there’s no interest in a well priced fully kitted out bike, although there should be you would think!? Maybe there would be more buyers for such a bike after the ABS laws come into effect. I have a friend who had been trying to sell his DR recently and ended up parting the whole bike out, on the condition someone committed to buying the live frame first. Ask around on the usual FB pages about the interest.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s an awesome bike that goes WAY better than a stock one but I’m moving onto something more suitable to where I’m at now and what my riding is going to entail.

If someone offered me $5500 for it I’d probably let them take it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.