No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat Visiting NZ between Feb 7 and 27th.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Wessels 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dvk
    Participant

Hello,

visiting from Canada on the above dates and have rented a dr650 at Te Waipounamu in Auckland for those 20 days. Will be travelling and camping both the North and the South Island.
    I would love to visit some of the “not so well travelled” routes (without going too extreme). If any of you have some recommendations on some fun rides that I can turn into a trip of both islands, I would love to hear from you!
    In Canada I ride a BMWr1200gsa and have done rides like the Continental Divide and the Idaho and Utah back country discovery routes. Traveled North to Inuvik, NWT and south to Cabo St. Lucas in the Baja.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Cheers,

Dave van Klaveren
    Nanaimo, BC Canada

Peter Wessels
    Participant

Hi Dave, when you land in the South Island the Rainbow and Molesworth routes are well worth checking out. Keep in touch and if you land in Nelson let me know, maybe we can organise a ride with you.

Cheers

Pete

dvk
    Participant

Hi Peter, thanks for getting back to me. Looking forward to riding in NZ and it would be great to do a ride! I expect to be in the Nelson area around 14th February or coming back north about the 24th. Will know more once I have itinerary planned.
    Of course I would be more than happy to reciprocate if any of you visit Vancouver Island.
    One more question please. Do I need a reservation for the ferry between Islands? Here in BC motorcycles don’t need reservations and are always loaded ahead of any other vehicles.

Cheers,

Dave

Peter Wessels
    Participant

Yep, you need to pre book the ferry.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.