- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 4 years, 10 months ago by James Riley.
November 18, 2016 at 10:05 am #15843EddiebKeymaster
Rank: Round the World Adventure Globetrotter
- Town/City: Tauranga
- Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV, BMW R100GS
What is a Brakeless Deceleration Indicator?
Vololights is a revolutionary new technology that enhances a motorcycle’s visibility and has the potential to reduce the risk of a rear end collision. Using embedded intelligence, it measures the deceleration of your motorcycle regardless of how you are slowing down. With a variable flash rate, deceleration is also perceptible to the driver behind you.
WHAT’S SO SPECIAL ABOUT VOLOLIGHTS?
You might have seen other products on the market that flash the rider’s brake lights to draw the eye’s attention. Two major deficiencies of these systems are as follows:
1) Current systems are tied to the foot and handbrake signal only. They do not account for slowing from engine braking and downshifting. Even though you may be decelerating, drivers behind you might not realize this until it’s too late. Vololights overcomes this by physically measuring any type of deceleration.
2) Today’s brake lights are not perceptible. What that means is a driver behind you might see your brakes solid or flashing but they cannot tell whether you are ‘tapping’ on the brakes or slamming on the brakes. Vololights solves this problem by varying it’s rate of flashing with the urgency with which you are slowing.
Vololights’ patented technology combines a 3 axis accelerometer and microprocessor to measure your deceleration from any means; whether engine braking, downshifting or gripping the brakes.
Attachments:November 18, 2016 at 11:00 am #15845James RileyGuest
I was only thinking about how one of those would work on Sunday!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.