fbpx

Adventure Riding NZ

New Zealand's Adventure Riding community, free GPS track downloads, forums, and more!

Waikato Local Ride – Valentine Road

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Waikato Local Ride – Valentine Road

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I got out for a short ride today, my first since the Dr gave me permission to return to adv riding after a longish layoff.

I happened to end up on Valentines Road, near Tauhei North East of Morrinsville which isn’t that rough, but is gravel. It was great getting out on the bike again and the sun was shining.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

What happened when I got home wasn’t so great however.

We have a single garage with a few too many bikes in it for it’s size and as I was dismounting the edge of my boot caught on the bike and I toppled over onto Jennifer’s bike, which toppled over onto the tank of my just acquired R80 which I have been working on and dented it.

Bugger

HONEY, we need a bigger garage!

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I also had the Glympse tracker running on my phone today, it’s quite cool. Check it out if you haven’t already.

Chris
    Participant
    • Bike: 2103 Suzuki DR650SE

Good to see you are able to get out and about again. The problem with a bigger garage is you will then realise you have room for more bikes 😉

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Pics of the R80 tank damage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.