fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Waikato Ride Outs

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Well, I went out on my own again and found some new gravel I hadn’t ridden before – Piakonui Road.

I found myself at The Okoroire pub again where there were about a dozen bikes and some nice hot rods.

I’m more than likely going to head out again this coming Saturday as that looks like the best weather for this weekend. Not sure where yet but considering heading down to Putararu and checking some roads out there, particularly Pinedale Road, East off SH1 just past the Timber Museum, and depending on how the energy levels are Keaoroa Road from beside HoroHoro School off SH30.

I was trying to figure out if there was a through route from South Road heading out of Mamaku over to SH1 Tokoroa way but I don’t think there is.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Well no one replied and you missed out on an adventurous ride, and I think I found a way through from Tokoroa to Mamaku, but I broke down on the way and didn’t make it all the way through.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

Pending the weather and my health being ok I’m intending to head out Saturday morning and complete the unfinished Tokoroa to Mamaku track. Once at Mamaku check out the access to Leslie-Cecil Road which I understand has recently been illegally blocked by the local council.

From there who knows but maybe head up to Okoriore Pub for lunch.

Anyone interested in coming meet at Caltex Hillcrest, gassed up and ready to leave at 10am.

Eddieb
    Keymaster

ADV77
    Participant

Hi team,

Just relocated from Auckland to Hamilton, looking to go exploring in the area with other adventure riders, please hit me up I will be keen to tag along. I have a 2013 F800 GSA so will need all the help in the dirt when I drop it lol.

thanks

Jose Cerezo
    Participant

Hi ADV77
    Happy to go for a day ride on the weekends now that the weather is improving. South Raglan, Port Waikato, Otorohanga, Kawhia, Waitomo, Marokopa…there are plenty of gravel roads to explore, all suitable for your bike.
    Drop me a line and we can meet for a chat as I am gonna stay in Hamilton this weekend.

billnben
    Participant

Hi,
    This forum had gone quiet for a bit, so nice to see some life. I’m Hamilton based and would be interested in meeting up with other riders. Often go out alone at the moment. Can do w/e or mid week as am semi retired. Only riding an XT250 and not an expert on gravel, so speed might be a bit slow for some folks. Anyone interested in leisurely local or semi-local rides please get in touch.
    Bill

paul_quilter
    Participant

Hoping to be semi retired soon, but keen to get out and ride with like minded members. We both (wife and I) have BMW G310GS bikes and are not fast on them.

billnben
    Participant

Weather looks OK for tomorrow (Sunday 13th) so will go out for a gentle ride, somewhere west coast from Hamilton with a cafe half way. Please message if anyone cares to join. Probably head off around 10.
    Bill

billnben
    Participant

Will probably head out for another gentle ride this Saturday 2/11 as the weather looks OK. Will check the site friday night to see if any interest, or email me directly. If interested, Whatawhata near the petrol station is a good place to team up, say 10AM.

Adventure Moto
    Participant

Maybe next time BILLBEN, I live just down the road from Whatawhata so know all of west coast roads and tracks well.
    There are some great roads from Kawhia all the way up to Port Waikato.

Heading to Wellsford tonight for the Kaipara 600 ADV ride.

Viewing 11 posts - 166 through 176 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.