No products in the cart.

Home Forums Riding Events, get togethers and ride reports Wanganui – Manuawatu Rides

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan Billington 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Going for a ride in the Wanganui – Manawatu Region? Post your plans here so other local riders can join in.

To get a notification every time someone posts in this thread press the subscribe button at the top of the first post on the page.

Darryl Mills
    Participant

Hi I am a new member and would like to say hello, I have recently purchased a DR650se and have been exploring the areas around Palmerston North New Zealand.
    I would like to meet up with likeminded people for rides and chit chat and to find out about any planned rides etc.
    Thanks
    Darryl

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

Hi and Welcome Darryl

We have a few members in Palmy and nearby, @Matt-Kerr and others. If you are planning a ride post your ride in this thread https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/forums/topic/wanganui-manuawatu-rides/ and/or this one https://www.adventureridingnz.co.nz/forums/topic/wgtn-rideout/ depending on which direction you are going and maybe other riders will join up with you.

Cheers

Eddie

ChrisCole
    Participant

Hi Darryl
    I have a DR 650 as well, I am in the UK at the moment but when I get back to NZ I will get in touch

Chris

Major Bumsaw
    Participant
    • Bike: Super modified DR650 and a Gas Gas EC400FSE

Hi Daryl, I am a new member too. I have a DR650 also……Massive mods and now its a real bike!
    If you ever come over New Plymouth way then I will persuade the wife that I maybe Need to take you on a days tour. I will test your riding skills to the max. You will end up getting very dirty and have a grin ear to ear!

Have you done any mods yet?

Darryl Mills
    Participant

Hi Major Bumsaw
    The only mods I have done so far are to fit a bash plate and fit a 14 tooth front sprocket this has made the bike a bit nicer to ride especially off road.
    It would be great to catch up at some point in the future. I would like to liven up the engine at some point.

Ed2450
    Participant

Hi I am new member living in whanganui and recently acquired an r1150gs taken the elephant on a few dirt tracks interested in doing some local rides with like minded individuals

Jonathan Billington
    Participant
    • Bike: BMW F650GS Dakar

Based in National Park, right next to 42nd Traverse and Fishers Track. Keen to get out and explore on my new (to me) F650GS Dakar. Total newbie, only had my bike for a month so hoping to learn heaps from some seasoned riders!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.