fbpx

No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Buy and Sell Wanted – Garmin 550 Zumo

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  malcolml10 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

malcolml10
    Participant

My screen has given up the ghost, but i have the mounting etc. already in place so I might try and replace with the same model. I know they are old now so maybe someone has one they have upgraded or knows if other models fit the same RAM mount?

Eddieb
    Keymaster

I think @mark_wareham had one of these for sale a while back.

Daniel Fisher
    Participant

There’s one on Trademe (not mine, just saw listing) for $300. https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2050062541

Andrew Thomson
    Participant

I’ve an old one a mate gave me that is dead. No idea what’s wrong with it – maybe the screen could be swapped if it works?

Just put my old one on my little WR. It’s at least 10 years old, has the odd issue but should do the job for me.

malcolml10
    Participant

thanks saw this but had all the mounting kit etc. which I don’t need so seemed a bit expensive for the age of these units

(There’s one on Trademe (not mine, just saw listing) for $300. https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=2050062541)

malcolml10
    Participant

My screen died, started to flicker then just went to being a backlight only then stopped completely. I found a google article that said it was thr ribbon cable from the screen to the motherboard. I reseated it as suggested and it cam right so I was stoked. Then when I screwed it back together it stopped again and after 3 attempts to fix the plastic clamp that holds the ribbon cable down snapped off so now it’s completely gone.
    They are very old units so the rubber buttons had started to perish as well, can’t expect them to last forever. If yours has a different problem I may be able to make one out of two, hard to say I guess.

<cite>@Bandit Rider said:</cite>
    I’ve an old one a mate gave me that is dead. No idea what’s wrong with it – maybe the screen could be swapped if it works?

Just put my old one on my little WR. It’s at least 10 years old, has the odd issue but should do the job for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.