No products in the cart.

Home Forums General Discussion Chit Chat We are coming from italy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Eddieb 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

roberto mello
    Participant

Hi,i am a ignorant italian and my english is horrible…so to write here it’s for me very hard.
    I’m 42 years old and i live in biella (near Torino and the Alps)
    I will be in New Zealand for 4 week with my wife, we will rent a motorbike in date 15 gen. in christchurch
    The first time in 2012 we rented a Gs1200 and we went in the north and the south, we visited Bluff and Cape Reinga.We drived off road in Danseys Pass, in Coromandel Forest Park to Port Jackson and from Wanganui to Pipiriki.
    This time we will rent a Super Ténér? 1200, for 3 weeks in hotel and only in the South Island
    Our fixed point:
    We want to come back in Dansey Pass because i want to do it from south to north this time
    West Coast and Mount Cook: we want to go for the second time
    Glenorchy (first time was raining)
    Arthur’s Pass
    Some not sealed road in the north of the south island (i write molesworth because is the most famous)
    Abel Tasman National Park
    We will book day by day, we want to be free: it is a travel, not a holiday so…please write me yours tips

oghood
    Participant
    • Bike: Dr650 white rhino

I really enjoyed the ‘Nevis Road’ it is in southland, one end is Garston, and one end is Alexandra (i think theres loads of good riding round here).. its on this website..
    Also for good scenery I enjoyed the Matukituki valley also called Mt Aspiring road i think? which goes from Wanaka..
    And the shotover road is pretty cool too..
    Can camp/ stay in huts round here are good spots..
    Im from NZ and really liked these trails so….
    This website has good gps tracks of so many rides.
    Enjoy!

Eddieb
    Keymaster
    • Bike: Suzuki DR650 ADV

I really like Hawksburn Road which is very near the Nevis road that @oghood mentions above.

I also rate Black Forest Station but it does have some very steep rocky sections that may not be suitable 2 up on a big bike, the landscape however is awesome.

Just North of Danseys Pass is the Hakataramea Track pass which is a nice track.

I will be in Europe from early next year but probably won’t get to Italy until 2020.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.